Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Critic 2024

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They were probably organised by release date on the list of games that i had to look up to find my picks 🤣

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thought Citizen Sleeper 2 was one of my safer bets and that's apparently now not out this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There'll be a few of us in this boat by the end of the year I'd say. I offered to change the settings so that we could drop a game or two but nobody replied! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

First points on the board for Kiith; Helldivers 2 scored 83 so that's 13 points.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first game being a bit meh and the awful previews really didn't sell that game on me but it looks like a heap of fun. Kind of tempted to get it now that EDF has been delayed until summer but I'd also need to convince some friends to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun. Not sure my pc will play it, but will give it a go i think.

Also...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pacific Drive isn't getting the universal acclaim I was hoping for. I think it's now time for me to go full gamer gate and give out about Eurogamer reviewers being too woke because they hate PlayStation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Took a punt on a bid for Penny’s Big Breakaway after John Linneman’s effusive praise of what he’d played. The man better not let me down!

Hopefully should get a release date in the Nintendo Direct given its ‘early 2024’ release window.

Yeah, well screw you guys. With the Switch 2 now likely in 2025 instead of this year, my punt on the next main Mario game has failed. Now I have TWO games from my list that won't release this year. Whose idea was this fecking league thing anyway? Rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Rebirth scoring big for DeSelby as expected.

Looks like Penny’s Big Breakaway hasn't been added to the Open Critic DB yet, @johnny_ultimate. I think it's had a few reviews already though. Have you been keeping an eye on scores?

• Advertisement

Have put in a bid for Mars After Midnight today - just flagging in case anyone wants to counter-bid :)

I'm annoyed I didn't put Shiren on my list.

Thought Rise of the Ronin would at least get me 12+ points, but only limped over with 6. Going to have to be quick on the draw with some bids later in the year. I've dropped from projected 1st to 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Open Road out today to a 73 on open critic giving me a whopping 3 points 😣

Sneakily picked up Stellar Blade with a $10 bid a few weeks ago. Currently sitting at an 84 on OpenCritic.

Eiyuden chronicle being a bit meh and the gaming press still not understanding what SaGa games actually are has hurt me badly.

Advertisement