Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Flagship Killer

Options
  • 20-01-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭

I bought a OnePlus 5 about 6 and a half years ago and it's finally starting to give up on me - I'm struggling to get it to charge - so it's time to upgrade.

At the time it cost 560, pricey enough but a lot cheaper than the latest Samsung.

What phones are considered the best flagship killers these days? Happy to pay for something decent but don't want to pay top dollar for a brand name.

Is it the latest Redmi, a pixel or something I haven't heard of? I've heard OnePlus have lost their way unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Perhaps but samsung will give you 250 for that phone no questions asked then a discount on top then 100 credit and a free Samsung galaxy watch...

So it works out better than going for much of the 'killers' at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭emo72

I remember the OnePlus 1 was only about 200 euro, maybe 300, ridiculous low price for what it was. Now they are mad money too. Anyway I used to be the guy who had to have the best tech, now I find a 200 euro phone is as good as it gets for me. The budget stuff has caught right up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Get an estimate to have someone put a new battery in it. I tend to buy physically like new flagships on eBay that are a couple years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

That's a very good price and you can trade in or get a student discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

If you look in the S24 thread, there is great value at the moment with the launch

• Advertisement
Advertisement