Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Terminal switch at O’Hare, T5 to T3

Options
  • 18-01-2024 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭

I’m flying to and from Chicago in April, and AL emailed to say they’re moving from T5 to T3 at Chicago O’Hare International. Probably not a huge deal for most passengers, but I upgraded to Business Class on the return leg, which will mean I can use the lounge. AL used the Swissport lounge at T5, about which I haven’t read anything positive, but at T3, AL Business Class passengers will be able to use the American Airlines Flagship lounge, which looks so much better.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

So I travelled home via Chicago last week and the Swissport lounge in T5 is an experience, and not a good one. I never have high expectations for lounges but this was a new low. The two lads on reception reminded my of Jay and Silent Bob as they seemed very "relaxed" The lounge itself is a windowless room with no bathrooms. The seats were well worn out and in an odd arrangement where none seemed to faced each other. Now, there was an ok selection of fruit and drinks there so I just took a few bits and left again and sat by the gate. For any connecting pax that's a great move as it avoids having to clear security again when transfering terminals so that's a huge positive.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Was reading a debate about it on A.net last week. This was taken from the AerLinhus website:

"The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Terminal 3

Aer Lingus Business Class customers and Aer Club Concierge and Platinum members can relax in The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Terminal 3 before their flight. Before you fly you can enjoy hot food, snacks, drinks, Wi-Fi, and TV screens"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I got to use the Flagship Lounge on Friday evening for about an hour. Pretty nice, a moderate number of people but not noisy at all. Buffet food was solid: I had Tuscan Chicken with veg, some cakes for dessert, and a Samuel Adams Boston Lager.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement