Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gentlemen - Netflix - Guy Ritchie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Definitely this. Started out OK, but the last few episodes were a bit samey. They ran out of story early on and winged it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finished it the other day and thought the same, they could easily have done it in five or six episodes and they wouldn't have lost anything. I didn't recognise Kaya Scodelario at all, I only twigged it was her when I looked up IMDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Nearing the last episode now. Nothing too taxing - not tripping itself up in Guy Ritchie plot contortions. Good unclean tongue-in-cheek fun.

Seen it mentioned here, and elsewhere (the wife): Theo James as possible Bond? He does seem to tick most boxes for that role. I think he lacks the necessary charisma though. Maybe he's just not had a role where its required; looked at his acting credits and I've only seen him in White Lotus, so still not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Decent ending to a pretty entertaining season. Not sure if a second series would have any legs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

series 2 is being discussed but with guy Ritchie working on the Ray Donovan spin off it’s unclear if he will have time for another tv series right now, Netflix uses a long term engagement algorithm to determine if it will fund another series and it’s early stages yet

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement