Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to a Former Fibre Supplier...

Options
  • 13-01-2024 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Currently, I am coming to the end of a 12 month contract with Pure Telecom. They'll be expecting my €35 fibre contract to increase to €55 so I'll move to another provider for 12 months.

After that future contract is up, would I be able to try Pure Telecom again as a "new customer" and get a cheaper contract or not?

How do providers treat former customers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Switch to sky €30 per month and then in 12 months go back to pure if they are best value at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Don’t forget to say this to pure telecom - tell them your moving to the cheapest plan you can find and ask they match it

they will likely keep you on your 35 euro or reduce it to whatever you can find. Saves you getting a new router etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pure never price match or give any decent retention offer. I move between pure and sky every 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Echo what TheDriver said. Pures “retention” offers are rarely competitive so you’re best off just switching each year- a little annoying but saves yourself €€€

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Not sure if it'll work for Pure, but with Virgin Media I sign up and cancel every 12 months to get the latest "new customer deal", I'll put it in my name this year and then the other halfs name next year. Have done it 4 times so far with no issue. 1G BB and TV with free Xbox S was the offer this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Ah! Vodafone do. So next move to Vodafone ld say - saves the hassle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

In the end, I managed to get Pure to agree to a continuation for another 12 months at €35 for fibre minus the phone, which we never used. After then it is supposed to go to €55 but I'll strong arm them again, next time.

Call centre operatives always hi-ball but I wore them down. I never suggested I'd leave. I just persisted. They have the choice of €35 a month or €0 per month. A simple choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Fair play, I've never managed to get them to budge and couldn't be bothered arguing with them when switching fibre is only a quick form filling exercise.

Advertisement