Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Palestinian marchers pure hypocracy

Options
  • 13-01-2024 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I note the so called peace marchers in Dublin today.

I wonder how many will turn up to protest the Chinese Premier this month when he visits Ireland.

The Chinese regime has murdered and imprisoned millions of Muslims in a real genocidal campaign.

Funny how the lefties only care about people when it's the Jewish state doing the killing.

Still, it's good for the virtue signalling I suppose.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'm sure there are lefties and righties at this march. Not everything is black and white, on or off, we don't live in a binary/digital world. It's an analogue universe.

So, if you are horrified at the innocents being slaughtered in Gaza, have a heart, brain or even a soul, you might lend your support to this march, or at least say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Did you start a thread about China when there were marches for Israel? You accuse the marchers of something you are guilty of yourself.

(hypocrisy btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

How dare people get outraged about only one thing. Don't they know that once you protest one thing, you need to protest everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The 'lefties' as you want to call them had public protests against the US war in Afghanistan, against the US war in Iraq, against the Russian war in Ukraine and against the Israeli war in Gaza.

You may spot a trend there and it's absolutely nothing to do with only caring when 'It's the Jewish state doing the killing'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,926 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So Israel's only defence here is whataboutery? "They get to kill innocent people, why can't we?".

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

"Free Gaza from Hamas".

Yep that sign will certainly upset some of the "pro-palestinians"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I have no idea why anybody is marching in Dublin about Palestine, just what exactly is it supposed to achieve? Do these people think that anybody important gives a single shite what the people of Ireland think about the situation in Gaza?

Self important virtue signalling nonsense. Get on a **** flight to Israel and do something there if you truly have the courage of your convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm not sure how useful it is to tell someone to try and change nothing if they can't change everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Nothing stopping you from making your own sign and joining them pjohnson.

Or are you guilty of the same "hypocrisy" in not protesting each and every cause equally?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭nachouser

Can someone edit the thread title to "hypocrisy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Yeah yeah yeah - good on them getting out an protesting against the murderous scumbag bloodthirsty Israeli regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Most people on the march don't give a shyte about Palestinian people. Just another 'cause' to help further their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I really don't understand threads like these.

Getting all bothered because people you don't know are protesting a cause you don't care about and doesn't affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bit like boards types happy to latch on to the latest lefty trending # but that's where it ends ,

Professional whiners waving there Palestinian flag telling us about genocide while absolutely ignoring all the other bad things going on in the world,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

They could organise a counter march if they are against the objective of this or any other political march. It is just lazy and easier to tar protestors who they disagree with as hypocrites.

"Ignoring all the other bad things going in the world."

Like the other 99.99% of the Irish population

Isn't that what a protest is? Waving flags and marching to show discontent. What else would you like them to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Was up in the city last Saturday for the afternoon. They were protesting outside American business, Starbucks, fast food joints etc, chanting 'shame on you shame on you'. What struck me is how naff protests are, I'd never witnessed one in person before.

They were stereotypical looking leftys and well off too juddering by the way they were dressed. One woman looked like a typical Brown Thomas customer. Clearly wanted to look her best for the occasion.

Pretty sad the way things are going that there are now people in this country that want to drag us into events going on aboard. That's all part of the multicultural thing isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

It's hardly just an event though. It's genocide. And it will be found to be such at the ICJ.

I'd call that a bit more than an event?What do you think should happen. Everyone stay quiet and do nothing?

Jesus people have become so desensitised its crazy.

• Advertisement

What do I think should happen? Well I'm not offering any opinion on what should happen, it has nothing to do with me.

What I do know isn't going to have any effect is shaming people eating a Big Mac in a country in the west of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I assume you are concerned about the Chinese Premier visit to Ireland? I also assume you have organised a protest or are attending a protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

what if he hasn't? what if his particular thing is what's happening in palestine? what if that's what horrifies him the most right now? are these people out protesting not allowed feel strongly about what's happening in palestine because other stuff is happening elsewhere?

the wokies are only doing it for their instagram of course, except people went out protesting about global events way before social media in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Wait, Ireland has always had a pretty clear position on Palestine that goes back decades. We also have had a pretty clear position on injustices. Eg the dunnes strikes under Apartheid. And I imagine posters such as yourself would have been complaining about them back in the day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's the idle rich, this is what they are amusing themselves with at the moment, they'll move on to something else shortly.

In a way they aren't being hypocritical, the topic isn't that important to most of them either way.

The state voicing i's opinion on situations abroad is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about protests on the ground desinged to get eveyone involved like forcing peolpe to boycott American business in Ireland for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do nothing?

Still nobody has been able to tell me what these protesters are actually "doing".

I know they are waving flags for their instagram profiles, but what on earth are they supposed to be achieving through these protests?

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Does anyone know what the route for these marches are and why it constantly cancels Luas services every Saturday?

Been going on for weeks now.

Is it not possible to divert the route so that it doesnt cancel Red and Green Luas services?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭robbiezero

They are raising awareness.

Awareness of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

why do you think people in ireland did this kind of thing before instagram, like in the 90s, or during apartheid south africa?

do you not think massive protests around the world could possibly sway a government behaving badly, like israel, to clean up their act a bit? maybe you don't but these people probably do, so for that reason alone it's worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement