Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from ETB to non etb

Options
  • 11-01-2024 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Have been over a decade in the same school in a large ETB. Considering a move. Not necessarily unhappy just thinking of change. There is a lot of comfort in the ETB system with regards HR etc. Worried that it may not be as smooth outside ETB. Anyone moved from ETB to non ETB have any issues with allowances, increments etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Just make sure you get a statement of service and all should be good. I had more problem with HR in my local ETB than I have had with Dept.

Are you considering redeployment or resignation? Is a transfer within the ETB the best solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I've only ever heard the oppodite really.

Department payroll division is very competent from any dealings I've ever heard of. ETBs around the country vary, but you must be in one of the better run ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Ordering can be easier in non ETB schools, less red tape with head offic but that's only a concern for practical teachers really. But yeah, HR not lying with the BOM can have advantages. Payroll has usually been longer in ETBs n my experience, and more prone to error than Department (who are all excellent in my experience, as the poster above said) but it generally gets sorted in the end.

Principal/senior management is more important than ETB or non-ETB I've found. But a change can be as good as a rest too, there doesn't always need to be pushes or pulls to want something new, hope it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i dipped my toe into an etb school for a few days once , some rigmarole with pay, went off subbing in non etbs then and i dont think i actually gave them anything bar my pps number, would try and avoid subbing in them from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

• Advertisement
Advertisement