Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Golf Mk5 1.9tdi - replacing rear passenger door lock mechanism?

Options
  • 11-01-2024 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭

Found out the hard way that my rear passenger door isn't locking when I returned to a ransacked car over the weekend. Looking online changing the door lock mechanism seems a fairly straight-forward process and the parts themselves seem cheap enough on eBay. My question is whether I can just order any part that says it fits a Mk5 golf or if there were any variations in the part over time and / or if I need a specific part number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

I have done this about 4 times on an old VW polo, the only thing I will say is I have bought the cheap locks on eBay and had them fail again twice. If I was doing it again I potentially would just for out for the official part from VW unless it was extortionate or else fix the broken mechanism myself and refit, there is loads of vids online you just need a soldering iron.

If it fits a golf Mk5 they should all work

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

There are multiple part numbers depending on the spec the car came with (like deadlocking) all locks will fit and work you just may lose features (like indicators flashing when locking with the key for example) if the wrong lock is fitted

Avoid any cheaper eBay locks they will fail again pretty quickly

Advertisement