Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting dental aligners

Options
  • 10-01-2024 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I had a consultation over a year ago for dental aligners. I was quoted around £1200. At the time I was sceptical so I didn't go through with them. So now after further research I have changed my mind and have decided to go ahead but now the price is around £3400!!! It has almost tripled. I'm considering a trip to Budapest instead. Has anyone ever been there and if so how are the prices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Were you quoted for the same treatment in the same clinic, or was the first quote from someone like the now defunct Smile Direct Club?

What did the Clinic say about the tripling in cost?

No doubt the treatment will be cheaper in Budapest, but the multiple flights you will have to book over the course of your treatment may take a large bite out of the savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭the O Reilly connection

It was the same quote in the same clinic. It was for Invisalign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Considering the cost of supply of aligners from Invisilign, you missed out on a serious discount on the average cost of treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭the O Reilly connection

Thank you. I might have to keep shopping around.

Advertisement