Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 Cars .... You can only pick 1 ...... Updated !!!

Options
  • 08-01-2024 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

142 Lexus CT advance , 185km, € 11,900 before negotiations

142 Toyota Auris excel Hybrid , 204km , € 9500 before negotiations

142 Toyota Prius , 114 km , € 10,500 after negotiations

Which one should I buy ?

Post edited by pajosjunkbox on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

The second one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Definitely not the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

unlike the others, I say you discounted the fourth too quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭sniperman

buy the best one

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Luna84

I like the look of the first two but the third who would want to be seen driving around in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Thanks for all the advice 😃. I have updated the post with the cars 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭User1998

There are all basically the same car. It just comes down to which one you prefer the most and what you want from the car.

Probably prefer the Lexus in looks overall. They also seen to do well on long term reliability tests online.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd go with option 2 , the Auris as I prefer the interior layout from the others.

Have any of them got a hybrid health check on them? I know the standard hybrid warranty is 8 years or 100k miles so all are out of warranty but for peace of mind I'd push for getting the health check to make my final decision. I don't know if a Toyota/Lexus dealer will do the health check seperate to a service with them.

Good idea. I presumed the batteries were tried and tested by now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are but some can be at or near end of life if they were not looked after. I've been in Gen 2 Prius taxi's with 300k miles on them and they were still running perfect. One way to prolong the health of the battery on those 3 is to make sure the ventilation on the batteries is clear from dust so the fans can cool them, various guides on how to do this online.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

Any specific reason why Paul ? I'm leaning towards the auris or Lexus .

Advertisement