Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Karoq or Skoda Kodiaq

Options
  • 07-01-2024 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a car with more room for two kids.The Kodiaq is the bigger car but more expensive. Anyone have any recommendations?I was thinking of Karoq 1.6 l diesel as within budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭spark_tank

What about the Superb?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

Would you want to go for superb estate for the boot room?

Prefer not to go for estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think your the best person to know which one to go for. The Kodiaq is bigger than the Karoq, both will fit 2 kids but you will have a better idea over anyone on here if you need the extra space of the Kodiaq or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jc3112

I have a 212 karoq 2l diesel I absolutely love it fabulous to drive have 2 teens it’s perfect for me, but when my husband is with me I know he would have preferred the bigger! I couldn’t justify it when I’m the main driver but my car is the family car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

All come down to budget really, both cars are really good for 2 kids. Kodiaq is nicer, but I wouldnt stretch myself for it. I would say the Superb estate is a lovely car and so much room especially ones with leather seats/panoramic roofs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Kodiaq much nicer interior, it's the same as superb really..karoq much lower down the range.

I'd say the price gap is quite big between the 2 cars though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

Difference of about 8k for a 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

Is the Kodiaq tdi the same running gear as the Tiguan

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Most VW group stuff arguably has the same running gear, Kodiaq/Tiguan/Golf/Superb etc. they’re all pretty much on the same modular platform. Tiguan would be 2.0 TDI, Karoq would have had a 1.6 option on older ones.

The Tiguan Allspace would be comparable to a Kodiaq, and the T-Roc would be similar size to a Karoq (although the Karoq is a little bigger)

Advertisement