Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympics 2024

Options
  • 07-01-2024 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi All

promised the young lad a trip to france to see the USA team. am i right in thinking all countries will be participating in the preliminary rounds that are held in Lille? the chance of getting a tk for paris knockout stages would be very slim

will the actual fixtures for the Lille games not be announced until early July? would usa team likely to play on the first day?

any advise much appreciated. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

I have tickets myself and am going over for the last days of the group stages so I have done a bit of research on this. As basketball fans, we are travelling over to watch all of the final round of group games so we will be able to see all of the teams play. This approach may be cost prohibitive for you. Lowest price tickets we got were €80/game each.

The groups for Tokyo 2020 were announced on 1st February 2021 with the match schedule announced a month later. I am hoping it follows a similar timeline for this year's events.

Whenever the schedule is announced, you can be sure that everyone and their mother will be on trying to get tickets for the USA games. There are still tickets available on the official site but obviously you have no idea who is playing in each match. There will also be the official resale portal for those who are looking to exchange/sale tickets that they no longer want/need. This is due to open sometime in Spring.

With the likes of France (Gobert/Wemby), Serbia (Jokic/Bogdanovic), Canada (SGA/Brooks and more), Germany (Wagners/Schroder) and Australia (Mills/Giddey and more) all participating - there is going to be a lot of great games to watch.

Final teams will not be known until early/mid July when the last of the qualifying tournaments are played. I would be surprised if we don't see Slovenia (Luka), Spain, Montenegro/Latvia and Italy/Lithuania come out of their qualifying groups to make up the last 4 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cmred

thanks a mill, great info. thats exactly what i had thought re schedules.

fair play for block booking games, sadly we shall do with one 1 or 2 and will probably also go for the last qualifier.

US announced their player pool, in addition to a couple of friendlies.

The USA will then embark on an international training window that features exhibition games against the national teams of South Sudan on July 20 and Germany on July 22 at the O2 Arena in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see Luka as they more than likely have to get pass Greece in Greece.

I see tks for the 02 in london are £175. think ill stick to France😶

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billdaniels

The final 12-man roster for the 2024 USA Olympic Basketball team hasn't been announced yet, but will likely include a star-studded lineup of NBA players.

sooo, missing out on seeing the USA team by 24hrs. opted for tickets on the friday at 5.15pm.

if anyone knows of any rep. sites that a canadian may want to swop a ticket or any genuine resale sites, would be mush appreciated. assume no more tks will be going on sale via the offical paris site.

Official resale site will be open next month. No idea how it's going to work right now.

I've got tickets to go see Canada, Serbia, USA, Germany and France. Can't wait for it to kick off 🙌

• Advertisement

GReat stuff, will keep an eye on resale but unlikely. Will be delighted to see canada v ? On the Friday 👀😁

Advertisement