Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants/funding for new roof due to bad workmanship

Options
  • 07-01-2024 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I need a new roof on my house due to bad workmanship. I’ve spent too much on leak repairs with roofers telling me I should consider a new roof, but I’m quoted €18k cash. Insurance won’t cover anything as it’s due to bad workmanship. Is there any grants or funding available for new roofs/bad workmanship? I’m a single working mother so don’t claim any social welfare to be able to use some of those social welfare fundings. And suing the bad workman is not an option as it was my ex husband and I’ve since bought him off the house, so don’t think I can even ask him for anything towards it? I’m going to go ahead with take a loan for the new roof but thought I would ask here incase there is something available to me that I’m unaware of 🙏

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Biker1

No such grants available for that scenario.

If I were you I would get an engineer to have a look at the roof. May not need replacing, just a good repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ssompod

I’ve done a flat roof and chimney and valley repair and paid €7k and they suggested change when I have the money and now more leaks in a different area and got quoted another €3k for more repairs and they also said change roof as soon as I can afford. I can’t keep paying for expensive repairs so I think put this latest €3k towards this €18k quote instead. Sick I didn’t listen to first guy and just got it done because that about €5k of that first repair is wasted work now.

Advertisement