Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tilt and Turn Windows Nightmare

Options
  • 07-01-2024 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am renting an apartment. The windows and balcony door are tilt and turn, The balcony can tilt inwards so it is half open to let air in or can fully open to access the balcony. The windows however have been locked by my landlord so they only tilt inwards to let air in but cannot open inwards fully. This makes cleaning them a nightmare. The bedroom is not so bad as I can access it from my balcony but the living room windows are impossible to clean the outside, I have to stretch and have put all sorts of extenders and handles out the windows. When I first moved in they were spotless so I assumed maybe a window cleaner came around every so often but I am here more than a year now and they haven't been cleaned properly. I have asked my landlord for a key but they have refused and said it's health and safety which I understand to a certain degree but I have said can you come open them watch me clean them and lock them again but again they refused. They are very dirty now at the parts I can't reach and they need to be properly washed. I am at my wits end now with the Christmas tree down I want my windows clean and to be able to look out them, I'm paying enough I should be able to fully enjoy the view. So I have ordered these universal keys on Amazon, Has anyone tried these? Or any other advice? Might sound like a bit of a trivial issue but it is actually getting to me.

Comments

Advertisement