Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil marriage ceremony at home

Options
  • 06-01-2024 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all, is it possible to have a marriage ceremony at home? The missus and I don't want any hassle with venues, guests outside of immediate family or dressing up so we're both thinking just having the ceremony at the kitchen table over a cuppa.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

You could but you would have to do the legal part at the registry office/HSE office. Then anyone could do a ceremony wherever you wanted it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Yes and no

You will need to do the legal part in the registry. Then you can get a celebrant to come to your home and do a non legal ceremony.

We got married in the registry office in Dublin just the two of us, then a month later we had a ceremony in the house with my husband's 3 children, our celebrant was amazing, the kids did a sand ceremony into a glass picture frame.

We just chilled and laughed all the way through it sharing stories, it was kinda like my adoption ceremony into the family it was just perfect!

Advertisement