Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing an estate agent

Options
  • 06-01-2024 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Any tips on what i need to consider when choosing an EA for selling my apartment?

3 contenders at present

EA 1.- previously marketed the property when I was selling about 4 years ago. Reached sale agreed but the sale didn’t progress- one of those newer online type agents

EA2 - the same company as the managing agents for the complex the apartment is in

EA 3 - has sold some properties in the complex and sells a lot of houses in the area I am hoping to buy in

Due to issues in the complex I will be looking for a cash buyer. All 3 have plenty of these on their books - apparently. (Pinch of salt or two taken!)

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,061 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I sold a property in a MUD a while back, I used the managing agent EA, that way I knew all queries related to the OMC would be answered without delay and they would be motivated to market the property in the highest possible light. They were hardly going to say anything bad about a MUD they were being paid to manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭The Ging and I

Ask what they are charging , some are 2% some are less.

What do they charge for photos/website advertising etc

I think the best ones are the ones know the area and have been around for a long time.

Advertisement