Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing Cat6-Potential issues

Options
  • 05-01-2024 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi -Looking for some advice

I have a new build-2019 -Stupidly when we were buying the house i never had any CAT installed to feed the rooms

So i have decided to bite the bullet and get my father in law to install CAT 6 .The house is a standard 4 bed semi -The router is located in the downstairs sitting room at the front of the house .My current plan is to remove the Coaxial cable next to the router and pull through the Cat6 cable up to the attic and in to centrally located switch .I will then feed Cat 6 cables to all 4 bedrooms -

I have spoken to a few friends and IT guys at work and none can see potential problem-One issue that concerns me is the possibility that the coxial cable might be stapled down -Has anybody come across any issues in previously doing this ?

Have i missed anything else ?

Comments

Advertisement