Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Clubs with Aer Lingus and Ryanair

Options
  • 04-01-2024 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who has brought clubs with either Aer Lingus or Ryanair could clarify payment. I believe it should be simply a case of adding a 2nd 20 kilo bag when booking with both airlines. Am I correct? And can you drop a bag with Ryanair as you do for your suitcase or is a golf bag be treated as oversize luggage? Many thanks in anticipation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

When booking the flight there is an option to book sports equipment, you have to select golf clubs from the options available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

Can't speak for Aer Lingus but Ryanair I've used.

You need to go to the baggage section on the web and scroll until you see sports equipment. There's an option to select Golf Clubs here. Do NOT try using the other baggage allowances - it's Ryanair. Use the correct one or you'll have trouble trying to get a refund.

When you arrive at the airport you need to go to the oversized baggage drop for the golf clubs (only this, they won't take regular baggage). Drop your normal luggage in the regular location separately. The oversized drop is always quiet and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pjackson

Thanks folks. Flights booked now for early April - going to Algarve. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Just a note re: "The oversized drop is always quiet and fast."

My brother missed a flight recently due to delays related with getting fishing gear through oversized luggage at Dublin.

Advertisement