Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Boy picky eating

Options
  • 04-01-2024 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi

teenage boy whose a picky eater - bread, pasta potatoes, nuts, vedge, fruit etc. Any guidance on starting to expand his nutrition range at the moment it’s a challenge to get protein into him and he doesn’t like dairy.

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

has he always been like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

Probably since post 5/6 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Not too bad if he’s eating veg at least

Maybe try get more high protein beans, legumes, nuts, eggs etc into if meat’s not really a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

It’s a very complex issue with all sorts of causes.

There’s a guy in London who helps a lot in situations like this, Felix Economakis, have a look at some of his YouTube videos on ARFID.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i have autism myself, and this is a common issue with the disorder, my poor parents were driven demented, only started eating more nutritional adult food in my late teens/twenties, again common

im not really sure what else to say but only best of luck with it, i(we) obviously got through it, maybe some of the ideas above can help, theres probably some great ideas on the wider internets and on youtube, as this is probably common enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement