Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2024

Options
  • 03-01-2024 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭

Evil 2024 (15th or 22nd of June - TBC)

Hi all, hope everyone is well

Here is the route for the Evil in 2024

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45074101?privacy_code=sRpffuTCkQ2FgtTWkWhn5Ak1YjFlHcRM.

Usual starting point under the Dundrum Bridge with the roll out at 8am.

Saturday the 15th or 22nd of June 2024 are the provisional dates and I will confirm the day a good month or 2 in advance based on what date will suits you all best.

Again, the usual rules for the Evil apply.

Its a free event.

It’s not a supported event in terms of food provided or road side assistance.

It's not in anyway connected to Boards.ie or myself 🙂, only the discussion takes place here.

No medals or pasta will be provided after the event.

No official food stops (usually we stop in Laragh twice with a quick break in Rathdrum if needed)

But this year could be different for food stops due to the route with Ashford being at 80km and Laragh being at 94km, that can be decided later.

We usually try stick together for a while but groups usually form.

Pints after if possible in the Blue Light or the three rock( if anyone has energy left)

For anyone who is new to Boards, this is now the 13th consecutive year of this event.

For the route, a few notables are and i know ill regret this:

Cruagh Road, Cunard Road via half Piperstown Road, The Wall, Green Lane which is making its debut, Devils Glen, Shay Elliot - Shay Elliot loop with with Vale of Clara Church climb included in the middle.

That loop also includes Slieve Mann and Brown Mountain/Ballycreen and Shay Elliot a second time.

Then back through the Lough Dan road and up towards Enniskerry but making a turn left at the wall to go up the full Liam Horner.

Over the feather beds and nice handy finish up Kilmashouge 😏.

I know i say this most years but I think this is the hardest 200 km version of the evil and i haven't included many climbs.

Ride with Gps says there is 20 climbs in total.

Green Lane is included for now but I will check the surface closer then time and if there is any issues we can use the easier route of Red Lane.

Hope to see many there on the day.

Comments

Advertisement