Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major attack on Iran at remembrance of killed Iran general, Jan 3, 2024 .Over 100 killed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Has all of the hallmarks of IS or affiliated groups to me, but Iran seem to be already blaming Israel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The timing is definitely suspicious for Israel, after the attack in Lebanon and the mass arrest of claimed Israeli spies in Turkey the day before that.

Of course that also means that anyone who wants Israel to get the blame could be responsible either.. we know there are Iranian elements who don't give a **** about their civilians either.

And Soleimani made a lot of enemies, the Americans, Syrian factions and ISIS.

Scary stuff, in addition to 100 deaths (rip) many many more might come from this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Yeah, Israel has enough on his hands without adding a proper organized army into the mix. Is Iran involved much with what is going on in Yemen?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It doesn't have the hallmarks of a mossad operation. They don't go for mass bombing of civilians abroad. Their strikes abroad are more like what just happened in Beirut. Sunni extremists have carried out similar attacks to this in the past. There was an investigation by an American new channel into outside actors funding groups like Jundullah. Guess whose name cropped up in the investigation. It was all denied of course. It's only the bad guys who fund terrorists groups, at least if we turn a blind eye to past actions

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Iran won't be going to war with Israel nor can put boots on the ground , they might be able to fire a few missles,but Israel can bomb Iran from multiple areas

Post edited by Gatling on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Does Iran have nukes yet? So hard to keep up these days

Take out seven senior Hamas leader's in a single strike making sure nobody from Hizbollah or civilians were killed in a single strike yesterday,

To killing random people in Iran , definitely not a Israeli type strike

I agree with you here. It's not the way they do things. It's definitely wasn't Israel this time. What I am wondering is will they strike Hamas leaders in Qatar. I read an article that stated Nethanyu promised the Qatari Govermment Hamas would not be targeted there. If I was their leadership I wouldn't bank on it. I certainly wouldn't be making travel plans either

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

In fairness we don't know very much about the extent of what they get up to in Iran or indeed anywhere else. They obviously have very detailed intelligence networks and have used their own proxies to carry out less savoury activities in the past.

We'll probably never know the truth, and I'm definitely not accusing them of being involved, but to rule out a country currently engaged in ethnic cleansing because it's not their style is a bit of a leap imo

We can't know for sure but given the attacks are similar to what we have seen from Sunni extremists there in the past we can have a fair idea who was behind it. Israeli assassinations abroad tend to be more surgical. So I don't believe they were directly involved. I have no doubt mossad support unsavoury groups from time to time as part of their operations. The apologists will either dismiss outright they do such things or find a justification, there is always a justification when it's a side we support engaging in terrorism or funding it through proxies.

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Advertisement

By the looks of the videos it may have been 2 car bombs neither explosion seemed to be that powerful but they did start a stampede

• Registered Users Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Well Israel seems perfectly happy to kill & maim numerous random people in the Gaza region. Every day for last couple of months and more.

It won't matter much who done, it'll be the reported perception of who did it that will be important.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I wonder why Israel are focusing so much on Hezbollah right now, when that group's response so far has been fairly restrained, given the context?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

With the backing of the United States, why wouldn't Israel try to wipe out its enemies?There is a window for taking out Hezbelloh.It is clear that Israel is doing everything in its power to have a destructive war with all its enemies right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lot of small ethnic groups in Iran hate the Iranian regime. Especially Kurds and especially now Kurdish women who were the driving force in the fight against the veil and who suffered greatly for it.

Long list in Iran alone who would delight in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Carlito Brigantes Tale

Nobody knows who did it yet some on here claiming it definitely wasn't Israel like they are clued in and have some connection to Langley or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Someone said this could be IS or similar group.

Why would IS want to attack these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

• Advertisement

They have only killed a relatively small number of Hizbollah fighters who happen to be shooting at Israel,all of Israel's efforts are going into wiping out Hamas and pretty much wiping the floor with them much to the dismay of people on boards who hoped and claimed Israel are afraid of fighting Hamas in Gaza,how wrong were they

Post edited by Gatling on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its a good little mystery alright.

I mean when you want a Black Op done really well, you ask the Israelis, but even with all their resources, they currently have a lot going on to their West and North.

Beirut and the Hamas chappie probably was the Mossad, but Iran feels more like the Saudi sphere of influence.

I mean yes, it could be a Tehran False Flag Op, but to what end? Iran are crazy but they aren't stupid, they know they haven't nearly enough to take on Israel and two full US Carrier Groups and long range bombers.

If, however, they're trying to just cause general instability and begin a process to draw other Islamic States into a physical confrontation with Israel and the US, maybe this is one move of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

There is definitely only one source this attack came from .... the guy who wants to declare war on the entire Middle East ... Netanyahu ... Netanyahu has been trying to provoke all the other countries to participate in an action where Netanyahu can spread his satanic war on Gaza to other places like Iran, Lebanon, Syria and Yemen ... and this is going on for years --- 4 years ago Netanyahu used hist little brain dead puppet Donald 'Republic of Gilead' Trump to try and provoke another war by killing the general Iranians were remembering today ...

Netanyahu is getting away with murder and negative disruption in the Middle East for years .... especially when braindead simpletons like Donald Trump back him up 100% ... and when the Democrats are too afraid to stand up to him either ... this guy is worse than Slobo Milosevic who American gladly went to war with and destroyed back in 1999 ... double standards as usual ...

Definitely, the place would be a May Day festival if it weren't for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You've some imagination. How many posts have you seen claiming Israel would be afraid of bombing the sh1te out of Gaza from a distance (which is what they have been mainly doing)?

Even if you want to go on about the boots they have on the ground, how many people do you think thought that a massive well equipped army, with the backing of the US military machine behind it, were going to be afraid of a thousand or so lads who did a raid murdering and kidnapping people with some AK-47s wearing Addidas tracksuit bottoms

The Middle East has its problems ... same as the former Yugoslavia ... same as America ... same as Europe ... and having Netanyahu gone would not solve everything ... but having Netanyahu gone would solve a lot ... America would be better off without brain dead morons like Trump ... who are answerable to Netanyahu when it comes to the Middle East ... before 2018 Iran and America had a deal ... Iran was obeying it and was lead by moderates and was moving in the right direction .... but Netanyahu had to oppose the JCPOA and had the perfect partner when a braindead oversized teddybear became the president of 'Gilead' on 20th January 2017 ...

There are unconfirmed reports that Netanyahu supported the world's very worst terrorist group ... I am not saying this is true because I don't know ... but he would not be above using that group or tolerating it at least when it was at war with Syria ... another place Netanyahu seeks to destroy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

It's fairly rich of these people to call others 'terrorists' and yet are very quick off the mark to inflict terrorist attacks on others.

All of these middle eastern countries run by hot headed men with a 'my rocket is bigger than yours' mentality and none of them have the intelligence to stop before this all escalates to a point of no return.

And all due to bad policy worldwide ... in 2017 a brain dead giant teddy bear became the 'President of the Republic of Gilead' and withdrew from the JCPOA deal ... Iran was then ruled by a moderate govt but stuffingbrain gave hardliners in Iran a cause and that Netanyahu was the brain behind Teddy Foambrain ... when the world is ruled by unintelligent dimwits like Teddy Stuffingbrain and by evil imperialists like Netanyahu then the rest of the world starts to turn into same .... ISIS came as a direct result of the Iraq war .... Saddam in turn was created and encouraged by the US .... and Al Qaeda and Taliban were even trained by the US ... it is very clear the arms industry has a huge say in how the world operates and war makes money for these .... and America will re-elect FoamBrain next November ...

• Advertisement

"and Al Qaeda and Taliban were even trained by the US"

This nugget will never die, will it?

Advertisement