Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who wreck the jacks

Options
  • 02-01-2024 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

Ye know when you goto a cubicle in a bar, you're met with (usually) bad things. Whatever about the bowl itself, who is it that is breaking the locks?

Now i know this is boards so (obviously) we're all angels who'd never do such a thing. However.. has anyone ever done it, maybe in a past life and grown up since? Can you explain the thought process? If it were a new thing i might blame it on the availability of cocaine that might shoot one's aggression up, but ive seen it since fado fado.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Loads of pubs around where I am took the locks off all the cubicles so security can push the door in to catch them sniffing the bag and **** them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's always happened because of adults who have never grown up and moved on from fcuking shít up.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

More chance someone in a toilet cubicle is sniffing instead of pooing. Better off removing all of the locks so people making yite out of them are doing a social good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Was at the cinema, earlier today. Took the youngest to the jacks after. Went into one of the cubicles and it was full, full, of turds and bog roll. Full.

Was bad enough for me but the poor lad was much closer to the bowl. To say the least he wasn’t impressed. But it was disgusting.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I remember years ago when new "vandal proof" stainless steel jacks were installed in Busaras. Within a week the locks were busted off the cubicles and turnstiles broken.

Mindless vandalism and breaking stuff is one thing but what's with savages who stuff the toilets with paper. Do they have OCD about wiping their arse?Or is it some attempt at a prank, hoping that someone will sh*t on the blockage then flush the toilet and flood the place with sh*tty water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

thats down to the Cinema management, dont care if the toilets aren't functional, what can someone who arrives to use the toilet do other than go? and find out it doesn't flush afterwards. it is kinda common here, disregard of toilet and hygiene facilities.

Anywhere Ive seen locks not working is they are damaged, if the business doesn't give a damn about basic facilities that you can see, it makes me think whats the rest of it like? hygiene/facilities for and by staff, it makes me wary of buying food as I got what I was sure was either food poisoning or food was contaminated with something, in a large place that served food, in that case it was a buffet. so you are up against the patrons being particular about hand hygiene as well as the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

There's a special place in hell for those assholes that piss on toilet seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Doesn’t happen as much now with enclosed cisterns, but top decking was once a thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The stuffing toilet rolls is just kids, they unroll the roll into the toilet bowl and then flush and watch is all get dragged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sometimes done at house parties as was that other trick - p*ssing in the iron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Apt username is apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Then there is festival portaloos, I remember some scamp leaving a log on the toilet seat.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

No, it isn't just kids. It happens fairly regularly where I work, where I'd assume people would be mature (the phrase 'aging workforce' is used a lot here), with very few people under the age of 25. Once or twice, you'd say maybe it happened accidentally, but it's more common than that.

Can people not face what they've deposited, so they then cram the toilet with toilet roll like it never happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's weird, like something a cat would do and something they would never do at home because they'd have to clean their own mess up, not have some poor bastard of a cleaner doing it for them.

Advertisement