Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for Clarification Irish Medical Card Application.

Options
  • 02-01-2024 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi all:

Looking for advice for a friend of pension age.

Person has been written to by the HSE to request documentation, although the letter is IMO a bit unclear.

The second part of the requirments are clear enough, but not the first sentence. Could anyone clarify what is being requested here, is it 1 OR 2 things?

"The Supporting documents are required"

If claiming under EU Regs, plaese provide the relevant documentation from EU/EUA, member state or Switzelpland, ie: E106, E109, E121 or S14.

If you are receiving a pension from the UK, you will need to provide a letter from the Dept of Works and Pension, DWP confirming pension details"

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It may be both, if somehow someone is claiming under EU equivalence and has a UK pension - but I doubt anyone does.

Which are they claiming under, if either? If neither, that section doesn't apply, and the docs won't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

Yes, the person has a UK pension, but this is an application for an Irish Medical Card. But to my knowledge, does not have an Irish pension, but may be eligible to one, due to number of years worke in Ireland (but thats another issue).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just fill in the UK bits then as EEA doesn't apply. We have different, closer relationships with UK systems.

@L1011 . Thanks for that. I must admit, the wording for a person in their 70's is a bit confusing.

EDIT: UPDATE: I've now confirmed situation with the below.

https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit/eligibility

Changing Tack Slightly;

If a person is on UK Pension Credits, (presumably a non-contributory pension). Do they need to be in the UK/stay in the UK to be eligible for that?

Many thanks.

Post edited by Chauncey Gardner on

• Advertisement
Advertisement