Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe leaking on loader

Options
  • 01-01-2024 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a pipe leaking which connects to the chest of the loader on my tractor. The leak is below the nut in the picture. Can this be sealed or do I need a new pipe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Check it's tight first..........although by the looks of it, someone has already tried that at some point

If it is busted/leaking then you'll need a whole new pipe, unless the existing one can be cut and a new end piece put onto the mow shorter pipe (unlikely). They won't mend or join pipes now like they might have in the past. Safety reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lstmd

Thanks I have already tightened myself. I will need a new pipe. A few drops under the tractor each morning. It's annoying if nothing else looking at the wet on the floor under the tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Dangerous too. If the pipe is worn and you get a sudden failure when it is under load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭minerleague

Hard to see but if pipe is long enough you can get someone to cut off fitting and replace new one saving the cost of full pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Most lads won't do that any more if the pipe has leaked and its not in stressed state then the pipe has failed and likely to fail again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭emaherx

Yea, don't repair hoses replace them they are cheap enough.

I've seen in some machine manuals lately that all hoses should be replaced before 5 years of use. (Not likely to do this myself unless I think they are needed.)

I had a HSA inspection here a few years ago and was made replace a few hoses that had no leaks but the outside rubber was weathered and a bit damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There's lads will come out and fix on site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭older by the day

I suppose you better replace it.

You would never do living in this townland if a few drops of oil annoys you. Around here they would have leaks big enough that they would need a bucket under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭emaherx

If you have leaks that bad you should consider some repairs with the cost of oil a little maintenance could be money saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭queueeye

If it’s leaking when it’s parked, imagine what’s being lost when it’s being worked hard and the oil is hot.

The right time to fix a leak is when you see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement