Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest native forests legal requirements

Options
  • 29-12-2023 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone at Boards.ie.

Hopefully someone out there can please help me?

I am planning on buying a forest 10acres, already planted years ago. Next to my home. Mainly skita trees but parts of it have lovely native trees growing by the river.

I don't want to get any grants etc but the forest owner has given me his thinning licence _open for 10 years. His grant continues for two more years but I don't want to get involved with any of that. from the documents received it states that some trees need felling in 2023. But I do not want to disturb the native wildlife already there with machines etc.

There is also no adequate forest road to get to the forest unless you destroy my native garden I've been working on for 2 years to get it back to a natural forest type area.

In the forest i am considering buying..

I want to cut away all the bbriars and some of those horrible skita trees to let nature slowly take over.

The river runs along the side of the 10 acreas and overflows during the winter months covering approximately an acre of the 10 acres. I'm a bit nervous to buy as I don't want any red tape and restrictions.

Anyone that can give me advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement