Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any one guide me in the right direction?

Options
  • 29-12-2023 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In a 7 year relationship with a man who has MS, fortunately we had three beautiful children in that time and I am a stay at home carer for two of the children whilst working part time. Unfortunately the relationship has not been great for a long time, whether its due to the MS or just ignorance on his part we have not shared a hug, kiss, kind word in over 3 years now. He is a hard man to get along with and always angry with the world. No fun, no excitement, no relationship. I have had plenty of conversation where the problems and unhappiness has been laid out and he never attempts to improve our relationship. So for obvious reasons, I would like to part ways and start a fresh life. I am still only in my early 30s so I and my kids have a lot of life left to live and do not need to be put down and punished for a disease that we did not cause and he refuses to seek treatment for.

Where it gets complicated and hence my question is we have a house together and I dont think he would willingly part ways or come to an agreement around the house. He knows he has me over a barrell financially when it comes to paying the mortgage? Have any of you had a similar situation and found a fair resolution for all involved or can help me approach this split in way that doesnt see either him or me in a terrible financial situation.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rachel31

Kindly PM x you need to get rid of him x

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's a difficult situation for sure. You might want to ask a moderator to move the thread to the Personal Issues forum or the Separation / Divorce forum for a wider response. I don't think there are simple answers to these things - you both probably have some rights to some of the property.

Is their much equity in the house at present (house value less outstanding mortgage balance)?

Advertisement