Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal watch with vibrating alarm

Options
  • 25-12-2023 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all, I’m looking for a normal Casio type watch that has a good vibrating alarm. I own an Apple Watch currently but fed up with having to charge it every 1.5 days or so.

Would be grateful if anyone could recommend a watch to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Maybe Im outta the loop but wouldn't a "normal watch" that vibrates not basically run the the battery so fast you might as well stick with a smartwatch?

If there isn't such a thing try the Mi band series like €50 new and you get a good 7 days charge out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

+1 on a miband, I get 10days + between charges on mine and it recharges in under 30minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

God ya forgot how fast it charges too! Its in the drawer it was mams but if I remember it did nearly 7 days with heart rate on continuous so if you turned that off could probably get 10 like Banie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

If you find one pleas post as I'm a bit tired of m smart watch. Only reason it's still worn is the vibrating alarm and the battery is 7-10 days. Have decided the whole smart watch thing is not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I went looking a few years back. Before I got my smart watch. All I could find at the time were digital displays no analogue.

I got a Casio G-Shock GD-350 exactly for this reason. Struggled to get one with normal (not negative) display. Big watch but very comfortable strap. Think it's replaced with the GD-400 but not loving that. But you'll still find the 350 online.

Timex also do a few vibration watches. Nearly got one of those because Casio doesn't do a UK date display on most of its watches. Didn't love most of the Timex, perhaps they've a different range now.

These days I mostly use a Samsung Galaxy Watch, the older bigger 46mm one. Has a 4 day ish battery life depending how you use it. I'll get 1.5 if I leave the display on all the time, or using it for exercise tracking.

The Casio I still use for DIY and swimming. But I like wearing it.

Timex have a TW4B24200 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Get a better smart watch maybe. Garmin instinct solar is a fantastic smart watch and it'll do 30 days easily between charges. If you turn off a lot of the smart stuff then you can double, triple or quadruple that run time and over the summer when you get a solar boost it can almost literally go forever.

I moved from one to a fenix 7x solar and that has a very impressive battery as well but it's a lot dearer than the Instinct. Got mine in the post 3rd of December at 80% charge. Still haven't plugged it in to charge and it's reading 13% / 4 days still left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Seiko Bellmatic?

Have worn mine loads and never needed charging.

Advertisement