Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor FM Radio Choice in Ireland

Options
  • 23-12-2023 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭

I cannot believe how poor the stations were tonight (Christmas eve eve) on the FM radio bands , so crap I thought I had to mention it on here.

So i done some christmas shopping in Sligo and I thought I will have a nice listen to some christmas tunes on the way home driving (you know the score 'driving home for Christmas etc - all the popular ones ) - well its not like there is much choice of stations on the ol FM band and there is no DAB in Ireland so literally got :

RTE Radio 1, RTE Radio 2, TodayFM, OceanFM and iradio.

so TodayFM were doing some bloody special show with Cher (talking/interviewing shyte) - I mean come on she is old hat , hasnt been out for years!

So I thought right I will turn on to 2FM / RTE Radio2 - some banging rapping tunes - no Christmas music

So I thought OK , RTE radio 1 - bloody Choir music or something.

OK - Ocean FM the local radio for Sligo, ebenezer good and tunes like that - no Christmas music

then I tried iRadio at last , again no christmas music - some rapping / club music again!

Christmas eve eve for God's sakes! -

I have got bluetooth in my car radio but I was driving so I couldnt set up spotify etc and I couldnt be arsed pullig over to set spotify up or tune-in .

It just cements times like that , that this is where you would miss not a proper DAB service in Ireland because if I were to scroll through a load of DAB stations I surely would have come across some station which would have sufficed.

Comments

Advertisement