Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 23 monster Saudi card

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

AJ thinking he is back off the back of a pillow fisted southpaw...

What could possibly go wrong 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Joshua was good tonight. It was easy to be good against someone so limited. How the hell Fury didn’t finish that turkey I’ll never know. He’s awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

By the time fury fights usyk twice and maybe a third time depending on how they go I doubt he will fight Aj, we would be looking at 2025

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

He'll be delighted Wilder is out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Credit to Joshua looked better than his last 2 fights. He beats Hrgovich. Hopefully we finally see him and Fury regardless of the outcome in February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

That was the best I've seen Joshua in quite a while.

He was decisive and sharp. None of the 'between' style of recent fights, back to his old self. That's what works best for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GHendrix

Staying active like AJ and Parker is ultimately the thing to do.

Fight once every year or 2 like Wilder and Fury and you’ll find yourself struggling for form.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dubois was the star of the show tonight for me...put on a super display against a monster of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Zhang v AJ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes I'd love to see him fight Big Bang next time, he's a tough mother f**ker

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Bivol for me was the classiest across the bouts tonight but Dubois had more snap in the late win v Miller.

Zhang should happen next for AJ but knowing AJ and his bs, he’ll somehow fight Wilder lol.

Not a bad night fight wise at all but my god the atmosphere is beyond terrible in Saudi Arabia.

Money of course is louder than the real fan.

Post edited by Manc-Red_ on

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Lads, anywhere I could watch the highlights of the Parker vs Wilder fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think the Wilder match up is now dead from a money POV.

Just leaves big bang or Hrgovic I think? Nobody needs to see Parker v AJ II.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Well done to AJ. Fought a tough guy.

I would also now like people to stop saying that Wilder is the hardest puncher ever.

Prime Mike Tyson holds that award for me.

nah and not a heavy hitter

funny eddie is now calling for fury saying aj can beat him off the back of that performance, he's a gifted pr man that's for sure

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GHendrix

I just can’t predict this division anymore… Never would have thought Fury would get floored by Ngannou. Or that Parker would comfortably beat Wilder. Or that Zhang would destroy Joyce twice.

And yet, it still wouldn’t surprise me if Fury puts in a great performance and beats Usyk or if Wilder KOs AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Star of the show for me was Kabayel. Very few gave him any chance at all despite being unbeaten and in with better opponents. Someone will likely take him apart in the next go round but he gets all the credit for last night. Body language of Makhmudov was all over the place he looked very uneasy in the dressing room and when it was time to perform hardly a jab kind thrown. Asking for it. Reminded me of Price going in with the uppercut and getting hammered. Next is a draw between Andy Lee for getting Joseph Parker to perform like that and Joseph Parker for performing like that. Not that many wanted to be the one to see whether or not Wilder is done but Parker stood up and did the job. And then Dubois. I’ve always been distinctly unimpressed by Miller yes he’s very, very heavy but I dont think overcoming him is a career defining moment by a long, long way. If he weren’t as hopelessly slow and fat then Dubois was there for the taking. He deserves credit for weathering a storm and having the ambition to go for the stoppage but for me the jury is still out on him. Joshua and Bivol are kinda a draw for me in that they beat two lads levels below them. Bivol a bit frustrating for not going for the stoppage as easy on the eye as he is. For Joshua he did everything right. Zhang or Hrgovic are both a very different proposition for him. Hrgovic isn’t as good as Joshua in my opinion but he’s good enough to ask the questions and test the mettle. Zhang similarly would be outclassed but is very dangerous with the power.

All in all the HW landscape has shifted a bit and that adds a bit of spice for us all. Nollaig Shona

• Advertisement

Spot on. Nothing has really changed in my view. Fury and Usyk are STILL in prime position to determine number 1. AJ is nipping at heels. Parker is still Parker. Past his best not that good. Wilder is pants, but still has power if he could try to properly connect. Division is so disjointed

Well, last night he offered nothing, and definitely not toughness

Well AJ was very good as well.

It's all on the night I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ortiz had the better of him too up until the knockout.

Eliminate that punch and he has nothing to be worried about.

Edit. was thinking Wilder 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I see Eddie Hern mention that the contract was already signed between AJ and Wilder. Don't think we'll see Wilder go through with that now. Judging by his post fight interview, he no longer seems to have the heart for boxing.

Anything Eddie says should be taken with a pinch of salt, only a day before he said nothing was signed

he is a great salesman but as with all of the promoters they tell porkies

• Advertisement
Advertisement