Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got eir tv, but apple id is not working

Options
  • 21-12-2023 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

So always have had android phones, and chrome book. Been with Eir broadband for years, and sky HD Box. So eir broadband up to 150mbps was costing 63 euro per month and sky package was just over 100 euro, so total of just over 163 euro per month. Tried to re-negotiate with sky, but poor offer. So eir offered us apple tv+ and up to 500 mbps bb for a total of 59.96, so massive saving.

Having everything android or Google ( chrome book ) we needed to set up an Apple ID, so we could use apple tv and download apps on the new eir/apple tv device we received.

Two ways of doing that ALLEGEDLY 1) download apple music on Google play store to android phone, then create apple id or 2) go on appleid.apple.com and do likewise.

Well having done all that, nope cannot get any apps, and keep getting messages on the apple tv box, saying i must update my account on an Ios or some other system.

Today i have been on the phone to apple support twice, total of 2 hours, and eir nearly 40 mins, and yes still will not accept my log in or account. Fortunately i am in the 14 day cooling off period, so will be canning eir tv, and i think eir need to make customers aware, if you dont have other apple devices, then dont bother with eir tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

I had signed upto the Eir package for 54.99...1Gig broadband.. Apple tv and landline..The rep that called to my door said it also included Free Netflix Subscription, and would cover Contract Buy out from out Virgin supplier to the tune of 900 e...

This turned out to be total Bollo.....Upon finally getting through to Eir to confirm what he had offered, the sales guy on the phone was stunned that I had an offer which was totally false....I cancelled the contract on the spot...I was also unaware you had to have an apple account to access the TV app..

As they say Buyer Beware...

Advertisement