Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URC Round 8 Ulster v Connacht

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Lord Palmerston

Really enjoyable game.

Connacht were unfortunate I felt. Handling errors and a misfiring lineout cost them a lot.

That said - Henderson, Stewart and Timoney were all excellent I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Connachts lineout has been complete dogshìt all season.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They definitely lost at least 6 of their own lineouts. Maybe even 7. That’s as bad as it gets.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,006 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Seems to have made a more concentrated effort this year to actually put a shoulder in instead of brushing his finger tips across the attacker. I’m happy, but curious about how long it’ll last. Hopefully missing the World Cup gave him a slap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Bloody hell, we made exceptionally hard work of that.

Couple of positives (the negatives were fairly self-evident):

> As good an atmosphere as I've been at for a while. Place got properly rocking a few times. Great to experience after a bit of a quiet crowd slump.

> Depth well tested. No Herring, Burns, McCann, okay, but then Ewers and Lowry drop out on game day. Lots of disruption, a good twenty minutes(?) with our second choice nine at ten. Didn't fall apart (enough to lose, anyway).

> First cap for Shea O'Brien, 47th player to earn an Ulster cap this season (Connacht at opposite end of scale). Would have liked to have seen more of him, and get a sense of how ready he actually is.

Take it and move on.

Correction - O'Brien was the 48th Ulster player to line out this season and the eight/ninth? new cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Should Addison have been pulled for double movement for the first try?

Didn't think so live, would need to watch it back on the box.

Advertisement