Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unified Approach to parenting bedtime routines

Options
  • 19-12-2023 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Is it reasonable of me that when I tell my child it’s time for bed that my wife will back me in a unified approach ? I have had numerous conversations about this with my wife but she regularly goes against me in front of my son which I think will make things very difficult especially in teenage years. An example was the other morning my son who is 11 had to be up really early at 7am. Later that night I told him it was time for bed and to start getting ready. My son ignored me and so did my wife. My wife told me to relax and that she was not hung up on time like me. I am not hung up on time either but I know when my son needs to be in bed and I am looking out for his health and overall sleep. I really think my wife is unreasonable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Does her disagreeing with you on parenting issues happen often in front of your son?

I agree that it's better for the child to see parents agree on certain important parenting issues. I think while a kid mightn't always like it I feel they're more secure thinking both parents are on the same page.

Can you speak with your wife about this at a time when you both can say your piece and come to a suitable agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Did you discuss what time your son should go to bed with your wife first?

Advertisement