Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Club Card NI

Options
  • 19-12-2023 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Was going to post in original thread, buy I see it is suspended.

I believe Tesco NI are now accepting ROI Club Cards

I have not been able to verify this, but was informed by a reliable source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

We were up there on Saturday. Very annoying when we got to the checkout and they said they couldnt accept our ROI card. Someone behind us in the queue offered us theirs though and it saved us all the extra money we would have paid if we didnt have a clubcard. Really hate this pay a few euro extra if you dont have a clubcard thing they have going on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Damien360

It 100% does not work.

The workaround and this was confirmed with by in in-laws last weekend.

1. Apply for one online using a NI address and a NI phone number. Pick a random doctors address in Newry. It sends to your tesco app.

2. Go to store and when you scan it at the price checker it will authenticate it.

3. Get the discounts but not the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

As I said, I heard this from a reliable source. Was shopping in Enniskillen and met a friend who had been in Tesco.

They said they used their ROI card there and that it was been accepted on a trial basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I tried before about a year back in Newry was refused, they have/had signage up at the entrance saying ROI Clubcard not accepted, maybe this has changed but I would not risk it.

Points are no longer allocated on alcohol purchases up north since summer 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

At one stage there was no difference between RoI and UK card but then they were separated.

Now it is extremely annoying when in NI.

• Advertisement
Advertisement