Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lelit Elizabeth Owners

Options
  • 19-12-2023 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Treated myself to a new machine for Christmas. Was torn between Rancillio Silvia Pro X or Lelit Elizabeth. Went with the Elizabeth in the end and it just arrived today. Been tinkering around trying to dial in the beans I have. So far, seems a big improvement on the Sage Barista Express I'm coming from. I upgraded grinder earlier this year to a Eureka Oro Mignon so I have a decent grinder to support to new machine.

Lot of more parameters to play with on the Elizabeth. Was wondering if any of you can suggest good baseline parameters for brew temp and steam? I know brew temp will probably need tinkering depending on roast etc. but was looking for good starting point. I've only had time to pull a few shots to dial in but have brew temp at default of 95C and steam at 140C. Using an 8 second pre-infusion. Have you tinkered with pre infusion much, and did you see decent improvement in shot if so?

Beans I have at the moment are Artessa Fusion blend which I use mainly as they are good for cappuccino's and that's what I usually drink (mainly cos I can never get a fantastic shot from the Sage). Any other tips from Elizabeth owners that you discovered that can help are appreciated.

This is my first serious machine and looking to get the most out of it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Congratulations, you treat yourself well ☺️

Don't have Elizabeth myself, but 92-95 degrees seems to be good starting point, low temperature for dark roast and higher for the light.

You could try 130° for steaming, better for the boiler health in a long run, unless you want faster steaming. How many holes does tip of the wand have? If it is only 2 you could replace it with 4 holes tip, steaming faster with lower temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Its nice to be nice to yourself at this time of year :)

Thanks for the reply I watched a Hoffman video on temperature last night and 95C seems to be at high end, even for dark roasts. I've lowered to 93C and will see what that does. I have the beans for a month or so, but I have fresh Cloud Picker Christmas blend coming today so I'm looking forward to tasting the results out of them once dialed in.

First impressions are the Elizabeth is a big step up from the Sage. I can grind much finer and it doesn't choke the machine and, while not fully familiar with the machine, shots from the beans I have on hand are already tasting much better.

Steaming milk is much faster and seems to produce much smoother milk too. Good point on the steam temp, might lower it down a touch. It has a 2 hole tip on the wand so will look into one of them. Have a bottomless portafilter coming from Santa too so that should keep me occupied in coffee related noodling over the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

I found this youtube page a big help

https://www.youtube.com/@DaveCorbey

Thanks. I seen a couple of videos by him on it alright. Good resource. He has some advanced settings he recommends but not gonna go messing with them yet until I get a feel for the machine as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Advertisement

Got it from Homecoffeemachines.ie. Great to deal with and very quick to deliver.

Advertisement