Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Nissan Leaf battery as home power storage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Himselfe

Thanks again everyone for all the great info. I'll take a look at the DIY battery option. It certainly looks very doable. While I'm a capable DIY man I've never really dabbled in anything to do with mains electricity. Maybe now is my chance!

The Leaf battery replacement and a solar installation at home are all scheduled to happen before the month is out. I'll report back on the outcome anyway in case anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,826 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Keep us updated!

And technically a DIY battery install has nothing to do with dabbling in mains electricity. You will need a RECI to connect your inverter to the grid, all the DC bits you can do yourself are by definition not mains electricity

Are you going to sell your old Leaf battery on the likes of eBay or adverts?

Advertisement