Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 18-12-2023 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭

Zinchenko to Porro for me. Had double Arsenal defence for a few weeks which I wanted out of, Porro looks very attacking and has a decent run of fixtures ahead of him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Alvarez > Solanke for me I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Haaland to ???? Wilson/Solanke the 2 I'm looking at currently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ditched Darwin already, Watkins in and the armband on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Choice for a one week punt, wildcarding after this

James -> Trippier and bench Gabriel

Or

Foden -> Son and bench Martinelli

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do you have a goalkeeper? Turner was shockingly bad at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Haaland to Watkins done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Its literally just for this GW, I wouldn't do a keeper transfer., the chances of hitting a CS are poor, I'll just take whatever Turner gets me

On that, any idea why Sa was out this weekend? Bentley is only 3.9 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The only other person i would consider having that you don't would be a Newcastle attacker - Wilson/Isak, Lockyer being out is going to leave a hole in their defense, and the Luton players might not be mentally right for the game, Only problem is knowing which one will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

This is very outside the box but you are looking for a 1 week punt.

Before the red card, I thought Fulham were well in the game v Newcastle and a 3-0 scoreline flattered Newcastle - obviously cause of the red.

Raul Jiminez would be the punt this week but given he's suspended, Vinicius should be nailed on to start v a very poor Burnley side. The previous 4 games they'd been scoring heaps and a home tie v Burnley could see them do similar. His ownership is obviously incredibly low so a huge differential.

I'd be removing Darwin for him btw, not Solanke or Watkins. 0 goals, 2 assists in 7 games that featured both Luton and Sheffield United, there's not much to suggest he'd haul v Arsenal, statistically the joint best defence in the league. Vinicius scored in the 5-0 win v West Ham so has an eye for goal at least.

Appreicate it's a long shot but might be worth consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Adringa to Gordon, have 2 FTs so I'll save one with the intention of getting Haaland back in 19 or 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Agree with Fulham looking fairly solid defensively before the red card for Jimenez so thinking I will bring in Robinson. Have Baldock who has not played even after coming back from injury to make way. Will probably hold Alvarez, Haaland and Maguire for a bit longer so need to use my one free transfer to have a chance of fielding 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Another big mistake by Trippier tonight to gift Chelsea an equaliser in the dying minutes and then he missed a penalty in the shoot out. His confidence seems to be shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gordon went off injured in the cup this evening so I'd hold off on that move until we hear more

Was that not just a kick on the calf? Sore but something you'd recover from fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gordon been carrying a knock last couple of weeks & id be afraid like Schar if he is risked then a longer spell out is possible.

Trippier a sell for me now personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A "nasty knock" according to Howe. A don't buy, don't sell this week I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Areola started tonight for West Ham. I wonder is he back in for the league game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Doubtful, especially as he conceded 5

Am I daft to be thinking of Bruno in for a couple of weeks?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

And conceded 5 goals in the process!

Best replacement for Areola and Turner?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I posted this in the Wildcard thread, but not sure if anyone will look in there. Here is my current WC:

Raya/Dubravka

Porro, TAA, Konsa, Gusto, Branthwaite

Salah, Son, Bowen, Douglas Luiz, Palmer

Solanke, Watkins, AN Other

I have 9.2m for the last striker. Might go Gabriel Jesus, or keep some cash and go for Cunha. I could also downgrade Son to Kulusevski and have more cash in reserve should i need to get Haaland back in soon. Leaving out Son would also mean one less transfer when he goes to Asian Cup.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

In a similar boat ...have held on to my WC now for so long I actually dunno why I still have it and if I should just wait another week at this stage.

Goalkeepers are the main issue for me tbh (have Turner and Johnstone)....keeping Son is also a tricky one...I think I'll probably go for Richarlison on WC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haaland and Gordon for Son and Watkins. Had to take a -4, but think its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Went Dubravka.

I know it's short term but fully expect Areola back in goal soon, despite Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Adringa to Richarlison done, Gordon is a doubt so won't risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Addled yet again with antibiotics and steroids....any help/advice appreciated on what to do with 1FT and wildly still available.

Martinez in for Turner is surely a guaranteed 6 pointer (?)

Willing to take a chance on Gordon starting....Gross to someone is another option but he has a half decent fixture and unlucky not to score last GW.

Or should I just wildcard altogether to sort out the few issues I have?

Haaland to Jackson done. Stuck trying to decide whether to start Neto or Turner now, currently on Neto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Not much point saving the wildcard at this stage in my opinion so if you can see a few moves that will help earn some more points I'd fire ahead with that.

Advertisement