Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 (Mod warning, see OP updated 10/05 and post #3477 11/05)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Check out some of the YouTube reactions of people who didn't actually watch the semi final live - people going absolutely nuts and screaming 'Oh my God!!' and 'WTF' at their laptop for nearly the full three minutes…..same reaction on every video I watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lord Baron Lane 8

Ireland will Win this year Bambie Thug

• Registered Users Posts: 85,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭supereurope

Two final thoughts before I shut the laptop and head to bed:

1. Fears that Olly didn't have the vocal chops came true because I don't think he sounded good at all. Plus he's given himself an awful lot to do with that staging, when he should be focusing on getting his vocal right. I'm getting Maps flashbacks.

2. The presenters' chemistry was off. There wasn't tension or anything between them but something didn't click. Malin didn't seem at ease at all - possibly because she's not a presenter with experience of live television? Even Petra didn't seem herself, more muted than usual, and her jokes didn't always hit. I saw that Grindr joke a mile off. That short joke about the Australian commentators was awful too.

Post edited by supereurope on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Only noticed on a rewatch just now that the ring of candles that was on stage that gets raised at the end acts as a crown over the Crown The Witch graphic.

The production was absolutely fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

A lot are shocked that Ireland of all countries would have a performance like this. We've become known for the most boring, safe entries year after year, it's nice to see that we're finally surprising Europe with something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Bambi definitely made an impression going by views of her song from semi final 1 , I hope we finish in the top 10 will be a bonus for the top 5 or even 3

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭REDBULL68

Great performance by Bambi ,but I think Croatia will take it ,banger of a tune ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

425,000 views now bambi has wow

• Registered Users Posts: 31,218 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Croatia is good fun alright - it's not as eye catching as Bambie's I think though. Croatia's a bit mad and energetic, but we see one or two of those entries a year (Moldova's "So Lucky" being one of my faves of the subgenre, was gutted it didn't win that year), whereas Bambie's I think will catch people by surprise a bit more, and the production design is particularly excellent in telling a story to keep you engaged too.

The voting blocks will probably hurt us, but we're in great shape for a really strong showing i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Bambi has just passed out Croatia on the YouTooooobe views. Great to see that at least we'll be in the mix come next Saturday....if not indeed an 8th win 🇮🇪

RTE must be crapping themselves..... Time to dig up some rumours, to discredit the song... Quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,218 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They'll be scaring up another Satanic Panic over the next few days if they can at all 😅

Sure maybe they can finagle a deal to sell the rights to host it - get a few quid out of London maybe! Or since Bambie's da is Swedish, give them the credit and pass it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dynomutt

They was lucky to have Spanish director Sergio Jaen turn a tuneless racket into a piece of performance art which allowed Ireland to sail through.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

that’s mad because when I first heard the song (without any video/visuals), I immediately pegged it as a potential Eurovision winner (if only we had the balls to send it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭mulbot

• Registered Users Posts: 72,221 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well done, Bambie! Good luck on Saturday! 🙂

Hopefully this has shown RTE that if you just MAKE AN EFFORT towards Eurovision - going BIG on the song, the performance, the spectacle - it WILL pay off.

Having a lead singer wearing spangly trousers is no longer good enough (nothing against spangly trousers, I’m wearing some right now).

#NeverForget

#sparkles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭squonk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,452 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dustin is hiding as rumours Bambie Thug will offer a blood sacrifice to appease the Gods of Eurovision …

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

With a bit of luck Ireland will finish top ten and ill win some money! Seeing everyone get there knickers in a twist over Israel will be fun as well…. Well kind of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅ T̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂ W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

This was the so called ‘favourite’ to represent Ireland before Eurosong….

talk about dodging a bullet….. it’s absolute scut…. and would have been competing with Moldova for last place in the semi final, triggering a totally unjustified Marty Meltdown…

….and then this girl had the gall to add her name to a letter addressed to Bambi saying she should boycott the Eurovision… (but was more than happy to compete for that place in Malmo herself).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Waking up this morning, still can't believe Fuego lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭squonk

Mediocre song but not at all in the same league as Moldova. The Moldovan entrant can sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,221 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

And as an aside, it just seems wrong to have Baileys at any other time of year bar Christmas.

Preferably whilst standing next to an open log fire admiring the work you’ve done on the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Pat Kenny played some of the bambie song - ow me freakin ears!

now screams "i'm a queer and i'm a witch"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

hope the shock value hasn't reduced the bambie thug reaction for the final. Still so much better than most of generic pap sent the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wow. I'd only listened to the Spotify version with the autotune up to now and thought it was alright but after hearing her live voice, it's a case of dodged a bullet alright. And I think that was the better of the entries I listened to.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement