Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Television Forum Christmas and New Year Thread 2023

Options
  • 16-12-2023 1:31am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The last 12 months have absolutely flown by, how is it Christmas already.

Haven't seen any schedules I'm guessing it will be Back to the Future, Harry Potter and Home Alone, the usual stuff, I know Kielty is doing the NYE show for RTE and I presume the Hootenanny is on as well.

Anyway Happy Christmas to everyone still around here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RTE Sport Awards 2023, tonight on RTE One at 9.30pm.

Disco Night on BBC Two tonight from 9.05pm!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Club Hurling semi final has gone to penalties on TG4 same time as the sports awards on RTE.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Liked that artsy bit on Rhys McClenaghan.

McClenaghan wins Sports Person of the Year.

• Advertisement

Just seen that I’m getting near to 70,000 posts.

Not that I’m sad enough to time it so that my 70,000th. post will be ‘HAPPY NEW YEAR’ at midnight on NYE.

😊😊😊

Bublé on RTE One now, wouldn't be Christmas without that lad popping up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Hold My Hand

Bublé on RTE 1. I usually like this guy. Must be getting old but he’s not doing it for me tonight

I noticed that the movie ‘Skyscraper’ was on RTE One last night.

I assume it was the one starring Dwayne Johnson, and not the far superior film starring Anna Nicole Smith.

☺️

For fans of The Stunning, their new documentary ‘We Come Alive’ airs tonight on RTE One at 11.40pm.

DO ‘BREWING UP A STORM’!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Did the profoundly unfunny Callan Kicks The Year make the cut this year? The only thing worse than Callan attempting to do impressions on the radio is having him do them on the TV while wearing a wig.

Licence payers money shouldn’t be going on that sort of terrible rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I’ve said it elsewhere but this has to be the worst Christmas from RTE I’ve seen in years - I am not one to unashamedly bash RTE and I’ll always give credit where it’s due but this year RTE seems to have just decided to give Christmas a complete skip bar a number of movie premieres. Even the Christmas RTE Guide is missing the usual pizzazz and interviews with RTE stars. I know the station’s in dire straits but it seems they’ve basically decided Christmas is cancelled.

And to be fair to them it’s looking like their best effort at New Years in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

At least the pubs are open and the darts are on.

Weird to think that the World Cup Final was on this day last year.

Anybody know the schedule for RTE One on NYE?

Will ‘The Late Late Show’ be on over midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This gives me an excuse to check my RTE Guide...

Mrs Browns Boys

Late Late Show 10.15 - 11.45

NYE Countdown Concert until 12.25

Then Silence of the Lambs!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Nothing says ‘feelgood New Year cheer’ than a film about cannibalistic serial killer!

😄😄😄

Watched this video a while ago, funniest thing I've seen this year.

Any info on the ‘NYE Countdown Concert’?

Where is it? Who’s playing?

And will Joe Duffy make an appearance to remind us that families have had it hard this year and some famous people died?

😐

• Advertisement

Picture This I think are the headline act for the Countdown concert, and seems to be in Dublin Castle.

As to Joe... couldnt rule him out for a cameo on the Late Late!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This years ‘A Ghost Story for Christmas’ is based on Arthur Conan Doyle’s ‘Lot No. 249’.

Will be on BBC2 at 10pm on Christmas Eve. Looking forward to that.

The tide is turning…

I read an interview with Mark Gatiss and they picked a Conan Doyle piece as a companion to the Lucy Worsley documentary about the author.

They may not have gotten a stand alone Ghost Story produced without some tie in.

Anybody watching ‘The Lateish Show With Mo Gilligan’ right now on Channel 4?

Is it me, or is the audio slightly out of sync with the visual.

I can’t have had that much merlot 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nolly which aired on ITV is coming on VM1 (a British 3 part biographical miniseries, created by Russell T Davies, starring Helena Bonham Carter as Crossroads star Noele Gordon)

‘Bad Boys For Life’ on RTE One tonight at 9.35pm.

I assume it’s a documentary about these two, or it could be the Will Smith/Martin Lawrence film - don’t know, my doggo ate the RTE Guide.

😐

‘No Time To Die’ on RTE One tonight at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

I watched it earlier this year, it was very good

I never really watched Crossroads, was a bit before my time and not the sort to be repeated.

But I thought this was very good, the cast is excellent and there's some nice periods touches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No RTÉ Carols TV show on Christmas Eve this year??

Budget cuts I assume

Advertisement