Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millers Crest Portlaoise

Options
  • 12-12-2023 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi folks,

Is anyone buying new builds in Millers Crest, Rockview, Portlaoise? I went sale agreed end of October but still haven’t received contracts by the developer’s solicitors. My solicitors have been chasing them, but they have been saying “contracts are being finalised.” Not sure what would average or ideal timeline. Any advice/experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well the houses are nearly complete there now so I would imagine once they finish up in the next few weeks you will hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Muthanna11

Thank you! I have received contracts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jubb88

Hi Muthanna, we’re buying a house in Millers Crest/Rockview too and our solicitor is currently going through the contracts. Have you had any update as to when your house will be ready? We were told it will be ready to move in by end of March a few months ago but no update since… thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emro22

Hi all. I saw your post regading Millers Crest, we're buying there as well. Has anyone got an update as to when the houses in Millers Crest will be ready? We were told that the completion date will be March or April but that was last year, we have not heard from them since. Our solicitor returned the signed contract last month. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RGV_123

I'm currently considering buying a house in Millers Crest and went for a viewing today. I quite liked the property, but I'd love to hear some insights about the place and the estate from anyone who has experience living there.

• Advertisement

Hi, I was told by the agents and builders (last week) the units in Rockview Grove would be completed late March.

Hi, I am not from Portlaoise but I quite liked the town and also the train to Dublin is handy. I will be moving out of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 StikVista

Hi all, just adding to this as I found this thread helpful over the last month. We've gone Sale Agreed this week. Not move in date and still waiting on contracts but things are moving very quickly all round. No move in date given "to be agreed" is what appears on our Sale Agreed Notice. Auctioneer said they are still waiting on Irish Water to hook up to the mains but when we were last in the property (Feb 29th) there was running water in the bathroom tap - maybe they're near the end of this process. Auctioneer has also said allow fro 4 weeks for snagging to be once we've had someone check it over.

As for the area we're originally from Newbridge but had family move to Kilminchy in the last few years so have slowly become more familiar with the area. It seems like a quiet enough part of town. Schools out the front of estate but you can go in the opposite direction and join onto the M7 at Junction 17/18 for a quick escape. Overall it's a nice walking distance from the town but far enough away you'll have a little more peace and quiet. They just moved the entrance of the estate off the roundabout which should help access a bit.

And from reading this thread everyone seems like good decent people so I think overall it's a good choice.

Any major updates I get I'll try post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 parin

Hi All, I have signed contract last month for one of the houses in rockview grove. Yesterday, when I checked with Hume auctioneer, they told us that house is ready for snagging after 15 march, however the main water connection will be provided after 25 March. I am going there on 15 march to view the status and will keep everyone posted with updates. We are moving from Carlow and looking forward to live in the new community. The location is accessible to most of the amenities including school and that was one of the reasons to move to this estate.

Amazing thanks for the update Parin, my partner will be delighted to hear about the water connection happening so soon!

Look forward to more updates - I'll continue to add as we get them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dj4ever

Hi All,

I have booked one of the houses in Rockview Square. They informed me that the houses will be ready by end of April with the caveat on the Irish water connections. Waiting to hear more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gerard081

Hi folks, hope you are all well. I live in Rockview square the last number of years.

Just to update you Irish Water are here today connecting your homes to the water mains. So looks like you are on the home stretch.

Best wishes with your new home and

new beginnings 🏡

Hi Gerard,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for the update. I was there yesterday for snagging and I did see Irish water doing some work. Hopefully all be sorted in next 2 weeks. Thanks!

Hi All,

I visited the site on 15th March and the road to rockview grove was being laid, hopefully it should be completed in 2 weeks. I have snagging for my hours scheduled on April 3. I believe all rockview grove houses should be complete by this month end and ready for snagging. Thanks Gerald for the update and Muthanna for starting the thread. Hope to see you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hugovtm

Hi everyone,

I’d like to know if anybody else from Rockview grove had the snagging cancelled or postponed, because we were supposed to do the snagging on 20th March but it was cancelled by the developers(we aren’t aware of the reason) and so far we do not have a new date.

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks all for keeping this thread alive, it's great to see how everything is coming along.

From my end, our solicitor received the Contracts on the 19th of March, she had some amendments and due to some unfortunate annual leave timing(!) we won't get in to sign the contracts for 2 more weeks. We'll be reaching out to the auctioneers before that to try confirm a snagging date. Just to add this is for Rockview Close, it seems most here are for Rockview Grove.

Thanks for the well wishes Gerard.

If anyone gets a snag list in the coming weeks it would be interesting to hear if there was any major concerns or even better to hear if it all went smoothly!

Thanks everyone 😊

Hi All,

I finished my snagging on the 20th and there were no major issues. House was completed in standard. There was no water and electricity connected yet as Irish Water was on the site that day doing the work. I haven't heard when the house will be ready for de-snagging.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dj4ever

I had visited Rockview Square yesterday. These are few pics of the houses now. The houses will be ready by April but there are delays currently with Irish water and ESB connections. Hopefully everything will be sorted soon.

Hi All,

We had snagging on 03 April and received the snaglist. No major issues, however the water connection was not there. They filled the tank temporarily with the water tank the builders have. The foreman told that the road will be laid by April 15 and the desnag can be planned after that. I believe water connection may also delay the desnag and handover. Will keep everyone updated about desnag.

Thanks

Do we know when the water connection would be done? Irish water has connected to the houses in Square and Hill, but not Grove yet!

• Advertisement

Hi all, we signed contracts today and have snagging due to take place on Thursday. I'll update here if anything major comes up in snagging or if there's any news on water connection - although we're in Rockview Close so may differ from those deeper in the estate.

Anyone with an update with water connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dublincars12

People who have moved in here, how is the area around Millers Crest in general? Or if anyone has received any feedback from others? I'm interested in this development.

Hi There,

Haven't moved in yet. But I have heard good things from the locals. Houses are of good quality.

Hi all. Any update about Rockview grove? We had our snagging 3 weeks ago but haven't heard any update from the developer since then. Do you think it would be ready by May?

Hi, I have received an update yesterday that they are still waiting on Irish Water for Grove, with no timelines yet (which is annoying). We should keep our pressure on the Hume and builders. Last week when I was on site, the foreman said Grove should be ready to move in by 19th, which is obviously not true now. The builders have said they hope move to completion by end of April (with the mercy of irish water). I think it is not practical that they don't have a date from Irish Water.

Hi Muthanna, We visited Rockview Grove today, and the road still isn't finished. I think it might take a couple more weeks for them to complete it. I hope they sort out everything, including the water connection, and that they can hand it over to us soon.

Hi all. I got an update today from Hume auctioneer, the foreman said they are in the last phase of water connection and will come into conclusion in the coming days then with tarmac to follow immediately. So maybe end of april then we can have our desnag right after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I heard yesterday that the first 12 houses are all getting their keys on Thursday of this week not sure which part of the estate however.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the update. The first 12 houses probably Square and Rise.

Advertisement