Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How best to comply with building inspection requirement?

Options
  • 11-12-2023 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Lads, 

Inspection says I need:

-Cooker hood OR extraction fan. 

-Vent. 

There’s no space for the cooker hood, so would an extractor at the location of the old vent suffice? (see pic).And is there any likelihood that having the extractor will mean I can avoid a separate vent? Naturally I’d prefer not to have 2 bores in the same small bit of wall). 

Going up thro the roof I guess might be a possibility for extractor or hood (or vent?) but I’ve been advised that it should be avoided if poss due to potential water ingress.

Many thanks for any opinions ye may have.

PJ

Post edited by pj9999 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,099 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Extract only works when it is on. Background vent is for 24/7 ventilation. You need both.

Background ventilation: Window Trickle vent are an option when space is limited.

Extract: Could have a vent there, bt capacity will need to double as it is away from the hob. Better option would be to install it at the hob. You can get countertop extract, this would be be best option. Followed by ceiling mounted.

Going up to the roof is not a risk of water ingress. I'd be cautious about listening to the person who told you that

Advertisement