Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be another Pandemic in 2024

Options
  • 10-12-2023 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Is anybody watching this walking pneumonia (white lung) thing in china. They say its known viruses and pathogens.

Some of the headlines say scientists are concerned about another pandemic. Some scientists say it won't be a pandemic.

Has anybody any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It’s Moneypox all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And covid. And Zika. And Ebola. And Mers. And Sars.

But surely this virus is the real fake pandemic that the governments around the world will use to take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If there is the majority of people won't give a bollix about it and won't follow idiotic restrictions...2 metre rules, 25 skin masks, substantial meal etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

What's a skin mask when it's at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nobody will accept lock down ever again. For those that complied with the rules, like me, we were mugs. So many didn’t give a monkeys and there were zero consequences.

But as we encroach on more wild animal habitat, we will discover more viruses so I do think there will be another pandemic but when is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Over 6 million died in just over 2 years. National health systems almost collapsed. Many more would have died and the situation would have been worse if we didn't take actions and measures.

We learn from these things and if/when a new virus appears we will take actions depending on the situation, just like we did in 1918 and just like we did in 2020. No doubt there will be more pandemics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

But will the believers comply again?

Line up for jabs ??

Stay away from loved ones ? Dont attend funerals of family/friends?

Can only go to a pub if you are eating a meal??

Gullible believers, but yet the CT's are the idiots??

And yet no excess deaths for those 2 years ??? ... Hmmm ....

Tinfoil rules !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

The full effects of construction shutdowns are still only making themselves felt. The U-shaped recovery of the economy hasn't been quite satisfactory as it turns out simply dumping large amounts of unsterilised money into the economy is inflationary.

I predict there will be far fewer takers for exaggerated media panic and lockdowns next time around (if there is a next time).

However the most conformist people will go along with it again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

In however many decades it is before the next global pandemic everyone and their grandkids will have forgotten about whatever happened in 2020...except for the little old lady who gets dragged in front of media of the day as a curiosity as they lived through the previous pandemic when they were a toddler.

In between now and then there will be a few localised epidemics around the world.

• Advertisement

Depends entirely on the situation, but if it's common sense, then yes.

If another pandemic happens tomorrow, there will be highly suggestible people who will have already decided it's all fake, there will be those who will have decided that no matter how bad or contagious it is that they will never wear a mask, there will be people who will decide to never get vaccines.

There will always be people who put themselves at more risk due to ignorance/paranoia. During the last pandemic, a higher proportion of unvaccinated died from the disease. That says it all.

It could be argued that the no excess deaths were down to the measures taken and the vaccine uptake. I do see vax as personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Another lab produced bowl of soup and the nation locking down voluntary I doubt it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Off topic posts regarding covid deleted. The OP asked about a future pandemic, not about how covid was handled. There is a covid forum to discuss that.

HS

One thing that will definitely happen again is conspiracy theorists and conspiracy theory media will make up false claims about any measures and vaccines to promote their agendas. As we've seen the fact that these claims have failed in previous pandemics did not lessen the numbers of people willing to believe these claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Nope, but I fully expect to find out what the source of all these pandemics are. It's not good. Depopulation by people who think they are God.

God speed.

I see this depopulation thing a lot on conspiracy forums, not sure I get the fixation with it.

Why are the nefarious "powers that be" so interested in getting rid of voters and people who pay tax, how does it benefit them?

It's a good marketable threat that conspiracy theory media can use to hype up the theory they're selling.

Though it's strange to see that we're going back to the idea that the virus was supposed to be part of the depopulation theory. Usually this is only claimed at the start of the outbreak when things are new and scary, but it's quickly abandoned when it's obviously not going to wipe out billions of people. After that it usually switches to the notion that the vaccines were the thing that will depopulate the world.

And when that obviously doesn't happen, the theory switches to the notion that the government was over hyping a pandemic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The deadly pandemic which was released by secret government forces from countries working together who at the same time also hate each other, and the virus simultaneously killed millions and was also just a mild cold, and the vaccine which was also simultaneously killing everyone who took it as well as being totally innocuous.

Why not add in some child sex abusers and mind control to the conspiracy as well. Doesn't make it any crazier a conspiracy.

It's very strange to see the narrative shift back to depopulation after conspiracy theorists spend so long downplaying the death toll of the virus.

We had months and years of being told that governments were overhyping the numbers and manipulating them to make them seem larger than they were.

But now we're told that this was actually the start of a global genocide.

But also that this stopped after only a few million for some reason.

Or perhaps the claim now is that the next virus will definitely be the one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm not saying anything about you at all, I'm talking about your posts. They make no sense.

Have you ever seen someone going through a mental episode and they are dead set that they have hidden knowledge concerning the universe and try to explain it to you, but it's utter nonsensical gobbledygook? That's how your posts read.

If you don't want your posts to read like that it's fairly simple, don't write them like that and try to make a bit more sense.

@Arbitrary I've deleted your posts (and those replying to it) as they are off topic. As you cannot post on topic as requested in an earlier mod instruction, please do not post in this thread again.

ah, if it isn't Mr "What do you think, I just came on here and I would take the whole world for a fool and make a wild claim that has no substance" who made an outlandish claim (and a bet) then disappeared for a year so he didn't have to pay up.

Tell us, why should anyone take what you have to say at its word when you've proven yourself to be so thoroughly dishonest?

@Yeah Right Arbitrary is threadbanned (see post above yours) and cannot respond.

HS

Apologies, I hadn't seen that until now.

Advertisement