Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IF versus 30 / 30 / 30

Options
  • 07-12-2023 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

On social media these last few years Intermittent Fasting was seen by many as the holy grail for people to reduce / control their weight.

More recently, I have noticed the 30 / 30 / 30 method, originally made popular by Tim Ferris have a resurgence thanks in the main to Gary Brecka.

Curious to hear peoples opinions on both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Unfortunately the holy grail is making small sustainable changes to your eating habits, and sticking with it for a long time.

Not a fad diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

I agree.

I was interested in hearing peoples views on both and whether there was any evidence to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,037 ✭✭✭✭neris

What's 30/30/30

It’s eat 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up following by 30 minutes of steady state cardio.

It was first touted by Tim Ferris but more recently this guy Gary Brecka. It’s interesting in that some of the fitness influencers who were advocating IF now have switched allegiance to this 30/30/30

Conflating fitness influencers with fitness experts is the mistake here

• Advertisement

What’s the difference?

Who decides on who’s an “Influencer” with an “Expert”

Do fitness “experts” not aim to influence?

The difference is what they are basing their recommendations of. I.e is it actual science, or pseudoscience that sounds appealing in a sales pitch.

There are some legitimate experts with ‘influencer’ status, but they are comparably a lot smaller in their audience than the biggest influencers in fitness, who are largely wafflers with a marketing agenda. The likes of Tim Ferris and his guests tend to fall into that latter category.

Some legitimate nutrition experts who make recommendations off good quality evidence would be the likes of Layne Norton, Eric Trexler, Aran Aragon, Jordan Feigenbaum etc. You won’t here any credible science based influencers support the ridiculous claims these diet gurus make.

Advertisement