Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block Policy

Options
  • 06-12-2023 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I just went sale agreed for a duplex 110m2 my first house. I was told by estate agent the block policy would be 1500-2000€. I’m in the final stages and now they are telling me it’s 3070€ a year? 

Is this normal and for it to be so expensive?

The duplex itself is so expensive already..

Apologises if this is not the correct thread.

Post edited by DOCARCH on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Hi @freyafairborn this post may be more suitable in Property & Accommodation. I will move to that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Do you have your own front door or is access through a common area? Do you have underground car parking? Does it include refuse? Is there much grounds in the development to maintain?

If the answers to all the above are yes, I have seen service charges be well over 2000 in some developments.

I have my own front door and my fees are 1300 a year, which is reasonable enough. It includes bins, an underground car park, insurance and the development is kept very well in fairness to the management company.

3000 is on the steep side though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

When you say "block policy", do you mean this is just insurance, or it covers all the aspects of the management company (waste removal, maintenance, landscaping, etc)?

3000 euro is extremely high for a management company fee, and it is absolutely extortionate for insurance.

You need to read the management company documents very closely. They may have a big hole in their accounts that they are trying to close. If it is just insurance, then there is probably a reason why the cost is so high.

Advertisement