Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying & Selling Home - Paying LPT

Options
  • 06-12-2023 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

In the process of buying and selling and need to ensure my Local Property tax on current home is paid for 2023 & 2024.

However I have been paying 2023 via salary deductions throughout the year. This wont clear with revenue until the year end.

I need to show a zero balance meaning i have to pay for 2023 & 2024 now.

Has anyone experience in doing this after paying via salary deduction. Could they claim it back from Revenue

(I have messaged revenue, but can take a while for a response)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Hooked

Happened to me 2 years back at start of November.

I had to pay for the house I was selling for the full year (despite having paid it via wages for 10 months).

I remember the revenue refund, after the fact, being very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

You can contact Revenue and cancel the salary deduction and pay the balance for the year. Give a copy to your solicitor. The new owner will refund the part of the year they will own the property. Then when you have moved you can set up a new pay by salary deduction on the new house.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Thanks for the responses.

Just waiting on revenue to get back to me !

Advertisement