Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW16 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Planning on doing Mbuemo to Gordon & Andersen to Colwill

Really don’t want to get rid of Son unless we hear for definite that he’s out before tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Need rid of Cash, Mitchell, Mbuemo and possibly need to get a GK in :-/

2FT ... I hate myself so I may get Reece James in and either Maguire or Colwill.

Mbuemo > Bowen I think is the play and then Turner > Dubravka to complete the -8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking for advice on the following, its only for the next two GWs and I can afford to bench the city asset in 18 in both cases. Hub predicted points in brackets, only a point in that. Seems like the floor is higher with Saka but the ceiling is higher with Martinelli

Martinelli (9) + Foden (9.6)

Saka (11.1) + Bsilva (8.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Shame it wasn’t for a few more weeks.

I’d encourage you to sell Tsimikas for a cheapie like Branthwaite if it gave you the extra funds to get Saka and Foden.

I think Tsimikas will miss out on more games and will be a liability going forward.

To answer you question though I’d always want to choose the option that includes Saka.

If Doku was 100% declared available would you go with Saka and Doku ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,173 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Might be some confirmation bias here on my end, but I think that Foden has real explosivity, and the same with Martinelli even though he hasn't done it this season. Whereas Saka is more of a ticker-along, consistent 6ish points every week. Bilva tends to get hauls tbf, but when they happen is the question as there are a lot of 2s elsewhere. He is liable to play in midfield behind a front 4/5 too.

Arsenal have some tricky games against Villa & Liverpool, but Man City have the easier games and it's picking 1 from each. Martinelli might get some joy with the space vacated by Trent but could you do someone like Bowen + Foden? Even if Bowen is a bit short-term.

I'd go option A of the 2

• Advertisement

I think Tsimikas will get rested in the Europa League midweek game, and possibly one of the midweek games (League cup & Burnley) which would then allow him to do 3 games in 1 week just once from the 3 weeks for the rest of the year.

I would take a guess that he would be rested in the League Cup, and play the 3 league games to see out the year as there is a bigger recovery time between Burnley & Newcastle than there is between West Ham & Arsenal.

That would have him starting 5 of the 7 games. But he is coming off a total rest, and Liverpool don't need to send any senior players out to Belgium next week.

Absolutely I would, why was he left out on Wednesday?

Tsmi to Brainwaite just seems like a nothing transfer when I'm so close to wildcarding

had started 8 of the previous 10 games iirc. Was due a rest, especially before a more hectic fixture period with bigger games. Which is a big change to his usual 1 start in 5!

Looked at Bowen but hes just a tricky price point

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He's only really started the last number of gams, he runs his socks off which is more than can be said for the majority of the untied players, had a number of chances in his last game and at 4.7m you can't go far wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

"Son is sore and will be assessed today." - Ange.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might take a -4 this week. Mbeumo to Palmer and Mubama to Cunha. Would prefer Hwang from Wolves but Asian Cup is putting me off. Cunha is cheap, in form and means replacing a non playing asset which could be crucial with all the rotation on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is everyone going with Palmer as Mbeumo replacement?

I already have Gordon and Luiz.... looking at Gross as a possible differential... Brighton seem to have recovered a bit and have Burnley tomorrow 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’m trying to convince myself not to chance Maguire.

I’ll also finding it hard to ship Son. The style Spurs play is mentally attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Thinking of doing Jesus and Gibbs-White to Højlund and Foden. Højlund a risk, but he looked lively against Chelsea and surely there are goals to come from him in the PL.

Currently working out what is the best 5 week plan out of Foden, Palmer, Sterling & Bailey. I have to factor in cost too as I will want Watkins around GW18 to captain him too, so funds will dictate it a bit. I threw in a Brighton MID just as you said it, and this was my ranking myself. All plans had Watkins coming at some stage, with some having Solanke coming in for Nunez to afford Watkins.

Foden seems the most explosive this week but Sterling seems to be the best long term plan, with Bailey in 2nd. Very undecided as I dunnno if I can trust Sterling. Great fixtures but some of them are against eve (good form), SHU (new manager bounce, back 5 etc), wol (in good form).

I'm not sold on Palmer myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

This will all depend on Dokus fitness, Pep gave little away in the press conference. If Doku is out, Grealish will start. I'd a good look on twitter earlier as Doku owner and nothing of note on his fitness. So toss of a coin unless something breaks in the morning which is doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Last week made a transfer to allow funds to go straight from Mbeumo to Son.

I just can’t make a move for a player who looked as uncomfortable as he did after he was subbed against WHU which is disappointing after it was planned.

I think he’ll start for what it’s worth, always a chance he has to go off early though.

I instead made the switch to Bowen who is still not ack to his sharpest nut away to Fulham will hopefully suit him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Any solid info on son yet?

Absoultely nothing, if I owned him I'd start him but wouldn't buy or sell him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Anyone else make their transfers after a few pints and now have double Chelsea defence?

No?

Just me so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

All I can find is it's an impact injury as opposed to a muscle injury.

Love it! Itching to get James back in myself. Gonna roll this GW but I'd love to go Gabriel to James. Have JWP and Gabriel as bench options if needed for likes of Doku.

Have to start one Arsenal defender so Saliba gets the start. I'd bench both of them if I could.

Ended up going Mbeumo & Adingra to Palmer & Gordon. Boring but sensible.

The Midfield template is very forced now with injuries. Not much else about.

Salah, Son, Saka, Palmer & Gordon seems the very popular Midfield 5. Maybe a Bowen, Sterling or Chan in the mix for some.

Ya between injuries, Asian Cup & players on 4 yellows, it's hard to go against the template right now. No point being different for the sake of it either. Would have loved Bowen or even Kudus but need funds to get Watkins for GW18.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

For those talking about Foden, I don’t see the attraction. I’ve fallen into the trap of taking a chance on him a few times but he doesn’t do much after. The odd return every 4 games or so but there’s other players returning similarly for far less.

Agreed, you're as well off going for the likes of Hwang or Gordon, 2m less and outscoring him. Watch him haul this week now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I’d say the same about Sterling as well. He might have fixtures but little form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

He’s well capable of it but even if he got a hat trick and everyone brought him in Pep will rest him for 2 games and his returns will be limited again. He never seems capable of a run of scores.

Advertisement