Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At last , a politician straight from the hip

Options
  • 05-12-2023 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

CLLR Talukder in Limerick was bang on with his remarks regarding the toe rags who ran amok in my beloved town , no doubt he was ripped a new one by the FF director of elections , Azad , fair play for saying what most of us think !

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How come every clueless wanker in what passes for politics these days is ‘only saying what most of us think’?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭beeker1

Balls to say it ! Not couch it in double speak ! Have you an axe to grind with FF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭pah

Go home beeker1, you're drunk (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wow , the shinner enforcers are out tonight , really hit a nerve tonight ! Well Pah , I've the right to speak my mind , free from the threat of litigation by a party of miscreants !

• Advertisement

Since non corpus mentus people like you just let what's important wash over them !

It's your mind though. You don't speak for most of us or any of us. You speak for you.

Of course I only speak for myself , if you can't form your own opinion then you're at the mercy of a blind allegiance to populist parties like sinn fein for example !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

You'd wonder what mad thoughts go on inside the heads of some people.

Wasn't there a cohort of psychologists whose professional opion was that his"stigmata" was somehow self induced !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You have the right to express your opinions that same as everyone one else provided you respect that laws and the rights of everybody else. And that most certainly does mean you can be subject to litigation and even criminal prosecution.

You and Mr. Talukder need to appreciate that we live in a democracy and everyone is subject to the rule of law and the judicial processes. We will deal with these criminals the exact same way as any others - prosecutions and jail. The only difference between Mr. Talukder statements and those of the rioters was that his were ignored. So yes he should rightly be admonished for his unacceptable behavior.

I and countless others did not serve this country over the decades to have anyone, no matter how justified they think they are, ignore how our democracy is administered. And if you don’t understand and accept that then you are part of the problem.

I assume you were in the defence forces or an garda siochana , and I commend you for you're service , our soldiers have an untarnished history in peace keeping , our gardai who while doing the job end up fighting for their careers because a quango like GSOC takes exception to their actions , our judiciary is totally detached from reality , bail is carte blanche to commit as crime as you can ! And while being "shot in the head" is extreme , let's see what sentences are handed down in February when those scumbags are due back in court ! They all should have been remanded !

I wonder why people need to bolster their opinions by pretending to speak for a collective group ("the most of us") rather than an individual.

If you had any actual experience of the GSOC process, you would know that the claims that it is the b8g bogeyman looking over the Garda shoulders is nonsense. GSOC are largely useless and Gardai treat them with contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

he won't be up to reply til after mid day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A pound shop Duterte.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

Not suitable for Politics forum.

Other threads already exist in CA/AH

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement