Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-program alarm system

Options
  • 04-12-2023 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hello,

My parents have the attached alarm system. Hopefully someone can recognize it. They have not used for years as it gave off to many false trips. Now that my father has passed away and my mum is on her own my family would like to get it working again. We would like to have it that when the "Lock" key is pressed only the front door and back door are monitored. Is this something I can change my self or do I need to get the company who installed it? Considering they could never get it to work properly previously I'm not keen to spend more money with them now. I'm in the North west if any suggestions for a company to come do this.

A second question, if the house had wifi would it be possible to get an add on for that system that would send me a notification if the alarm is activated?

I have ordered these cameras (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08K3KKNBY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) which can connect to wifi and send me a notification if a person enters a zone. I would really like the alarm system to complement and be similar to these.

Thanks,

WM

Comments

Advertisement