Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate for slate roof

Options
  • 03-12-2023 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I got an estimate for the front of a pitch roof, it’s 5m x4m with one dormer window,

about 220 slate in total, in a row of terraced houses, so tied in on either side, no scaffolding needed,

the chimney will need to be cut out and lead flashing put in to cover the slate and also some of the flat roof that leads back from the slate.

there is metal strip that will need to be put back on and torched to come down over the front of the slate.

2.5 to 3 days work for 2 guys.

i k ow that labour is gone through the roof, but I’ve been quoted 2k - materials are about 400- this would be cash in hand as well.

so I’m thinking it’s a lot- but maybe that’s just the way things are.

any opinions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bobbyae86

Hi where are you based and can you put up some photos of the ared that needs doing

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bobbyae86

Hi can you post some photos of roof and what county are you from as this can make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

And if there's a leak afterwards will you be ringing them to come back and fix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

2k with 400 for materials, so 1,600 for labour for up to 3 days for 2 lads. For 8 hour days that's 33.33 euro per hour. Seems like a decent price to me. That also excludes any equipment etc. With you doing a roof job as cash in hand you'd want to make sure they are being safe about it as they may not have their own insurance so if they have an accident they'll be after your insurance.

If there is no scaffold, how are they accessing the roof, through the dormer window? What's preventing a fall, are you insisting they use fall protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Gilly43

€1600 for 42 hours labour isn’t too bad assuming youre confident in quality of their work or know someone who can vouch for their work

• Advertisement
Advertisement