Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent Fees 2023

Options
  • 30-11-2023 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I was trying to find out the various expenses with Estate Agents for selling a house.

Are they supposed to be explicitly stated on their websites or can you only get it by contacting them?

I wanted to use Auctioneera who have flat 2K fee but they don't sell in the area where the house is (Navan, Co Meath).

I have contacted Sherry Fitz who charge 308eu for Marketing and 1.5% sales fee.

Anyone any other experiences with

TJ Gavigan

DNG

Raymond Potterton

Smith Harrington

Lydon Farrell

Alliance Auctioneers

Any others?

I'd imagine fees and marketing may vary slightly but not drastically , and then you need to consider the other factors like how good that are at selling the house quickly, web portals for prospects etc ..

Cheers!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭herbalplants

1.5% average estate agents fees. Perhaps some local agents may charge less than 1.5? Just ask.

Also add in the Vat on top.

Did you look into online agents.ie? Not sure what they are like.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭frank730

anything between 1 - 2%, I paid 1.75% plus VAT last October when I sold my house but he didnt charge extra for ads. No, they don't advertise their fee on website, you have to ring them to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Im selling a place with Ray Cooke and they offered a 1% sale fee (discounted as I had let the property with them up to the sale). I mentioned Auctioneera to the agent and he almost straight away came back with a fixed price of something like 2500 (plus VAT) for everything. I think I went along the lines of why would I pay so much more for essentially the same service? Even though they are not represented where you are you could bluff and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Would you not consider selling it yourself? I've done this twice.

Most property searches browse daft.ie. I'm not sure that an estate agent does much for a seller other than handle the admin. If you're really adverse to the admin side, you might have a family member who would step in?

Viewings don't need much work, buyers will want to look around unimpeded and might have a few Q's after. Create the impression that you're not the owner but rather selling for a friend - some buyers feel awkward dealing with an owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭KLF

Another flat-rate crowd are Moovingo, I think they cover all of Ireland, they do different tiers of packages. We're using them for our sale. Nice website and features, good photos and presentation, and they handle the ads posted to Daft and MyHome which are what really sell the houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

They seem to be based in Dublin only? If I was selling the most expensive thing I’m ever likely to own I would want local knowledge and an industry professional that can handle viewings and deal with all the hassle and stress that can cone with selling a property. I’ve only ever heard negative feedback about yellow pack online only budget estate agent like auctioneera etc

Yet I used Auctioneera.ie and had a great experience. Price achieved and very low fee paid to them. They did excellent photos, were great communicators, absolutely I cannot fault them one bit. Win win for me as I didn't pay through my nose like some of my friends for selling their homes.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Went with agent over Auctioneera. 1.5% fee but I didnt put my hand in pocket for any marketing. I went with firm I like dealing with at viewings I had been to. Very professional and above board. They had great advice on what needed doing on house to get best price but kept it to small essential stuff. Had contacts to do the work too. They managed bidding process fantastically. Had some real tough bidders to deal with. Theres a skill to it. We got a price way beyond what we hoped. In my view they helped us get the most for the house and more than justified their fee. That was my experience. I was cynical as anyone going into it and wondering what value do they add but they were brilliant. They even had contact for getting boxes for moving and for movers. When I then moved to new place they had contacts for plumber and electrician and cleaner. I thought they were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mkik

Thanks for all the opinions everyone, I have started with an estate agent and I get the same feeling as you did here. 1.5% fee, great advice and expertise in the area etc..

Sorry should have stated the house is now a Buy To Let, as I had moved but had to keep original due to the bad times! I went to get a new buy to let mortgage and every broker and bank just kept saying "Sell It" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭3DataModem

"I went to get a new buy to let mortgage and every broker and bank just kept saying "Sell It" !!"

• Just bear in mind these people are the same people who would have said "Borrow more! Buy more!" before things went sideways. Every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MrPG

Try Stone property in Blackrock, they only charge you 0.5% fees, they offer the exact same service as the likes of Sherry Fitz etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

a very Quick Look at their website and its clear they don’t offer the same service as the likes of sherry fitz etc.. amateur photos and no floor plans etc? 0.5% is a good deal but your not comparing apples with apples let’s be honest

What I like at Sherry Fitzgerald is they offer the live platform where you can see the properties and the live bids.

I don't understand why not all agents offer that! Especially the likes of lying DNG.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

We're looking to sell our house and buy in the same area, is there any 'unspoken' benefit of having the same EA selling my house and a house I'm looking to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Goldmark

Yes its called conflict of interest but most auctioneers know nothing about that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Where is the conflict of interest?

The EA is not working for both the buyer and seller in either of what are two separate transaction.

Advertisement