Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My wife is cheating on me

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Packrat

Sorry to hear OP. You must be devastated.

Like many other posters, I've never known or heard of a case like this where they reconciled and she behaved respectfully after. It just happens again.

Unfortunately I think that's it and no amount of heart to hearts with someone who will just lie further and tell you anything to stop or mitigate the consequences if what they've done will help.

It's done and can't be undone.

On the subject of moving money around, be clear that moving it between accounts no matter whose name they are in won't help.

If there's a significant cash balance that you believe to be rightfully yours that she might attempt to annex then withdraw it in cash and either hide it well or give it to a trustable family member to keep for you. You could have blown it at the bookies after that for all anyone can prove later.

Establish your position re job, mortgage, home, pensions and any investments.

Then confront her and ask what her plan for the end of your marriage is. She probably doesnt have one as she is probably just living in the moment and being greedy. Have a plan yourself.

Make it quite clear that this isn't something you are prepared to forgive and forget.

Don't under any circumstances move out even temporarily.

Good luck, - you've a tough year coming.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Check your monies , close and get records of any joint accounts to had .

Advertisement